Vintersorg Recommendations

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
What tracks should a new listener sample to hear the best of Vintersorg's varied works?? I have heard The Enigmatic Spirit and love it. Also, some of the samples off V's site.

Any others? What is essential listening?:)

In truth, to get a real feel for Vintersorg you should sample the entire album for the best impression, the sound from song to song varies. However, if you're looking for just a few songs this is what I listened to that got me into it:

from Cosmic Genesis: Astral and Arcane, Cosmic Genesis, Ars Memorativa(my personal fav), Om Regnbagen Materialiserades.

After hearing those songs, I got the album, then I bought Odemarkens Son. My fav songs from that one would be: Svaltvinter, Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel, Trollbunden, Pa Landet.

Those are the only 2 that I own right now.

Definitely start with Astral and Arcane or Ars Memorativa, two kick-ass songs!!! Though the song that got me obsessed with vintersorg was Norrland. Very majestic sounding!

Glad to see there's a forum for the world's greatest musician finally!:)

If you ask me, Ödemarkens son is definetly the best album. Since im from Sweden, i do of course prefer Vintersorg to sing in swedish.

Svältvinter, Månskensmän and Trollbunden are recommended songs. From the album Till fjälls i'd recommend För kung och fosterland (lovely part in the middle - the hall of the mountain king), Vildmarkens förtrollande stämmor and Till fjälls.

Im not that big of a fan for the Cosmic genesis album. Obviously there are some great songs although it goes nowhere near Ödemarkens son.

My favourite is Till Fjälls by far, I love every song on it. Ödemarkens Sön is also fantastic.. don't really know what to think about Cosmic Genesis, don't like the english lyrics.. but overall a good album.

Hej Materia
vikingsm.gif

I like the Swedish lyrics as much as the English ones. I wouldn't mind about some German lyrics ;)

Personally think it's good to have Swedish and English lyrics on an album. I just started to learn Swedish (thanks to my friends of course I learn the swear words first *lol*)

Mmmm, boy that's almost impossible to answer! :D

It really depends on who you're trying to give the introduction to, and what they personally would love. I do remember my first Vintersorg song, though... Hednaorden. Not only was the song great in and of itself, but all the other ones I downloaded were pregressively better and better.

Right now, I own Till Fjalls and Odemarkens Son... and also both the Otyg albums. I'm not sure as I care as much for what I've heard from Cosmic Genesis as the rest of his work, though. Hmmm... reccomendations...

Okay, here are the ones I would reccomend.

Isjungfrun
Svaltvinter
Pa Landet
Tussmorkret
Vildmarkens Fortrollande Stammor
I den trollska dalens Hjarta
Fangad Utav Nordens Sjal
Nar Alver Sina Runor Sjungit
Stilla
Algol
A Dialoge with the Stars

Well i must say that of course it is hard to say...but if i must recomend some i would do
mension of my favorite song Till fjalls and also
odermarkens son and from cosmic genesis the 5th
song that is freely traduced "as the rainbow
materialise" cause anyway cosmic genesis is at my opinion the less "tasty" album since it have less acoustic guitar and no piano on it.