Viva Emptiness indeed...

taranis

Denouncer of trends
Nov 14, 2001
birmingham UK
Visit site
This album is Poo & The Pants in session. On repeat.

God damn katatonia for doing what theyve done. They had a good thing going, a completely unique sound. What do they do? Linkin park with a bit of opeth plagerising for good measure.

These guys are improving in their musicianship and maturing as a band, theres no doubt about it, but the new album, as well performed and as wel produced as it is, is toss.

You guys know its fucking lame when Jo(a)nus sings:

"I trusted you, you lied/ That's all it was, a fucking lie"

How much more gay does he want to sound when he swears? No, wait it gets better, cos after that comes........THE SAME LINE BUT WITH A ROCKOUT AND SCREAMED VOCALS IN THE BACKGROUND! OOOHH!!

You can just see the little kiddies with pierced-elmo backpacks wetting their knickers trying to get their hands on it. And some red baseball-cap wearing fly metal rapper shaking at the knees in readiness to dive in and join them on stage for a bit of "yo thats all it was yo, you fuckin lied to me beeeaach"

The first 4 tracks are pure nu-metal faggotry.

taranis said:
a bit of opeth plagerising for good measure.

Where the fuck you people see Opeth everywhere near Katatonia??? Because they live next door or what????

They always had simple expressions in lyrics and as far as I am concerned, he used to swear before too. Are you some treehuggin' hippie fuck who abhors swearing?

Your post is pointless, go listen to some DUNKELGRAFEN.

taranis said:

God damn katatonia for doing what theyve done. They had a good thing going, a completely unique sound. What do they do? Linkin park with a bit of opeth plagerising for good measure.

These guys are improving in their musicianship and maturing as a band, theres no doubt about it, but the new album, as well performed and as wel produced as it is, is toss.

How much more gay does he want to sound when he swears? No, wait it gets better, cos after that comes........THE SAME LINE BUT WITH A ROCKOUT AND SCREAMED VOCALS IN THE BACKGROUND! OOOHH!!

You can just see the little kiddies with pierced-elmo backpacks wetting their knickers trying to get their hands on it. And some red baseball-cap wearing fly metal rapper shaking at the knees in readiness to dive in and join them on stage for a bit of "yo thats all it was yo, you fuckin lied to me beeeaach"

you a CHUMP :yuk: ........

taranis said:

Shut the fuck up you obviously cant recognize good music when you listen to it, If you were to say this in front of me I would bash your face in with a bat!!

I pity your inability to appreciate this astounding album. Sure, the swearing is needless, but it doesn't spoil what are unbelievably good songs.

It took me a bit to really like all of the songs, but.. it's kind of like a less-depressed Tonight's Decision. I mean, it still has that same special grim feeling that all their albums have. Using ONE part as an example is fucking stupid, and your argument is plain wrong. I can hear a tiny bit of influence on parts of track 1 and maybe 3, but 2 and 4 have NONE. Calling the first 4 pure nu-metal is.. did you even listen to it? Sleeper, Criminals, and A Premonition are 3 of the best songs they've made.