Vortex Appreciation Thread

Well, they could break up already so that they stop annoying me and make way for better BM bands. Cuz me is all I care about (duh) :lol:

if a band annoys you merely by existing, then you need to go find yourself a gaybar and get some logs up your, you know, ass. faggot.

also, dimmu arent bm so they dont "take up space" or something.

I know I know, it goes back to time when churches were burning, all metal bands from Norway was consider satanist and only really tr00 guys were listening it (it was big thing here in Finland back then). I found all that black leather, weird names and black metal bands way too funny back then (I was more into WASP, Iron Maiden etc. and didn't take music that seriously) and I had some bad experiences with people who didn't find Norwegian black metal funny at all. Laughing was just not allowed. So even now I get this weird nervous feeling when listening music from bands which appearance remains black metal bands, so I don't listen them it just ruins m day. It might be difficult to understand what I mean, black metal scene is so different now days that it was in the 90s. But enough about my old shit and problems...I will check out those other bands :)

Hm, well it's similar to this girl I used to be friends with, she loved Vortex, she even liked Dimmu music a lot, but she refused to listen to them because she was Christian and she felt the lyrics were blasphemous (meanwhile she was listening to other bands which were just as blasphemous just in a subtle way). I mean, she said it made her feel uncomfortable and whatever. Anyways, after a lot of arguing, debating (Keep in mind, I respected her feelings I just felt it was retarded that she liked the music but didn't listen because of the STUPID lyrics, I mean they aren't serious and Borgir don't burn churches so..) I finally got her to start listening to them. Not sure if she still does but, it was a nice thing for me to help open someone's eyes. It is just theatrics, most black metal is. I believe in God, but that doesn't mean I can't like the song 'Spellbound by the Devil'... I mean headbanging to that song doesn't mean I am a devil worshiper or anything, it's just music.

Thanks to Heartless, he introduced me to more of Simen's stuff outside of Dimmu Borgir, such as Arcturus and Borknagar :kickass: I have become quite the fan of Vortex's epic voice. Still need to check out <Code> and his stuff with Lamented Souls.

And on the debate on who was the better vocalist in Arcturus, I will say they all were great, at least on record. Joe will disagree with me on this but I think that "La masquerade infernale" was their best album MUSICALLY. That was one unique album! Still, Sideshow Symphonies comes very close, followed by The Sham Mirrors.

:lol: I like LMI but I just hate Garm's wannabe baritone shit on that album, you know. There are some amazing songs (The better ones all feature Simen mind you, the best track on the CD is even sang solely by him)... The thing I admire most about TSM is that it's Garm's pinnacle of high vocals, he reached such a great range on that cd. It's a powerhouse album, I LOVE every song, from start to finish that CD is epic imo. The only way to improve the songs on TSM really is, to have Simen sing them :p I prefer all the live versions from Shipwrecked in Oslo compared to the studio versions.

if a band annoys you merely by existing, then you need to go find yourself a gaybar and get some logs up your, you know, ass. faggot.

also, dimmu arent bm so they dont "take up space" or something.

:lol: +1

He is a weeaboo, never trust a weeaboo.

^_____^|/
I LOL'D! :lol:

LOL @ people hating me because I don't like Dimmu Borgir. They're barely even a BM band for me... Their the kind of BM that the scene kids love and of course one of the top mainstream BM bands (Cradle of Filth another one)

LOL @ people hating me because I don't like Dimmu Borgir. They're barely even a BM band for me... Their the kind of BM that the scene kids love and of course one of the top mainstream BM bands (Cradle of Filth another one)
Eventhough I think you're one of the worst users COB-OT have ever seen (and believe me, there's been lots of bad users), I support you with the "Dimmu Borgir is gay" statement.

I don't hate you, and as many people already said, they aren't a BM band, so you aren't gonna piss anyone off by saying "They're barely even a BM band". Also, saying that people who like them are scene kids is another statement meant to cause fighting... uh-oh.... guess what...

obvioustroll2.jpg

EDIT: Even basic troll postings too, for example, in this thread...

"LOL @ people hating me because I don't like Dimmu Borgir." = Voice an opinion in a thread against the popular opinion, to get a reaction, then defend yourself (when you don't need to) when people express their opinions to further the drama.

"They're barely even a BM band for me..." = Bait insult... (subtly) attack what people have said they liked to get them mad in hope of more fighting.

"Their the kind of BM that the scene kids love and of course one of the top mainstream BM bands (Cradle of Filth another one)"
= Trap insult, flame the users for liking the thing you attacked to get a reaction from them.

Vortex on Quintessence pwned all. I don't like the way his vocals sounds in Dimmu Borgir that much. It was good, but no where near as good as he did in Borknagar.

Vortex on Quintessence pwned all. I don't like the way his vocals sounds in Dimmu Borgir that much. It was good, but no where near as good as he did in Borknagar.

I really think the production on that album is awful, one of the worst out of all the CD's he's ever been featured on. That CD as a whole, is also really weak for me, in comparison to it's predecessor. It has some amazing tracks but, his singing (excluding Colossus) isn't as good as it is on TAC. I think in Dimmu Borgir he has a lot better production and he sings a lot better as well, but because he is so underused it is hard to judge. I HATE the songs in Dimmu where so much electronic shit is added to his voice (ALA Kings of the Carnival Creations and Insight and the Catharsis)... If you listen to any live versions of these songs, his parts are sang SO MUCH BETTER. Live at Inferno is one of my favourite bootlegs, ever.

EDIT: I love his harsh vocals on Quintessence though, I was only talking about his clean vocals above.

I really think the production on that album is awful, one of the worst out of all the CD's he's ever been featured on. That CD as a whole, is also really weak for me, in comparison to it's predecessor. It has some amazing tracks but, his singing (excluding Colossus) isn't as good as it is on TAC. I think in Dimmu Borgir he has a lot better production and he sings a lot better as well, but because he is so underused it is hard to judge. I HATE the songs in Dimmu where so much electronic shit is added to his voice (ALA Kings of the Carnival Creations and Insight and the Catharsis)... If you listen to any live versions of these songs, his parts are sang SO MUCH BETTER. Live at Inferno is one of my favourite bootlegs, ever.

EDIT: I love his harsh vocals on Quintessence though, I was only talking about his clean vocals above.

Same, fucking :kickass: bootleg indeed.

Why are all your IP addresses proxies?

Cuz he's hacking ur bank account as we speak :lol::lol::lol:

And lol @ppl who're still responding to my Burgher-hating comments ^____^
Of course they take ups space, cmon, it's not like they're a Serapinski carpet with 0 capacity dimension :Smug:

But I guess I have to give them credit for spawning a bunch of imitation bands that are fairly good.

Cuz he's hacking ur bank account as we speak :lol::lol::lol:

And lol @ppl who're still responding to my Burgher-hating comments ^____^
Of course they take ups space, cmon, it's not like they're a Serapinski carpet with 0 capacity dimension :Smug:

No one cares if you don't like Dimmu Borgir, believe me. Frank was just making a point.

Some words about:

1-He is better known with his worst band (dimmu).

2-On Dimmu, the vocals are overproduced (studio), while on Borknagar and Arcturus sounds very natural. Dimmu is the worst way to introduce Simen to someone. I use often Oceans Rise, Colossus, Universal or Deamonpainter.

3-Quintessence is the best Simen's vocal effort with Borknagar. Is shameful to hear that album with that awful production, but the vocal lines and the way he sung are better than TAC, being TAC on of my fav Bork albums.

4-Simen sounds so much epic on Borknagar than Dimmu. Hear the chorus from Oceans Rise, Universal, the final part of Winter Millennium, Ruins of the Future and the top Simen song, Collosus.

5-I like more the vocals from Sideshow Symphonies than Dimmu ones. Shipwrecked FP, Deamonpainter and Evacuation Code Deciphered pwns. Great lyrics also.

6-I prefer on Arcturus to Garm than Vortex or Oyvind. ASH has fantastic grim vocals and good vocal harmonies, plus the lyrics are awesome. LMI is musically the best Arcturus album and the vocals are very unique. That semioperatic style suits perfectly with the music. Simen did a great job on The Chaos Path, but the Garm vocals on master of disguise, alone and painting my horror pwns Simen IMO.

7-His bassist function on Dimmu is just average for the same reason he sings on 2 or 3 songs per album. If Simen does better bass lines and sings more, Shagrath could feel jealous. After all, a great part of the Dimmu fanbase are first Simen fans, THEN Dimmu fans. On Borknagar was a very decent bassplayer (not like Tyr, Steve Di Giorgio, Sean Malone, etx, but a pretty decent one).

8-Simen's vocal lines on ISD sounds a lot like Arcturus SS, specially the serpentine offering. Sacrilegious reminds me his Borknagar vocal period.

9-Honestly, I can hear from Dimmu just the songs where Simen sings on. the rest are very plain and mediocre pseudo sympho/black metal. Shagrath is one of the worst black metal singers (with Maniac) and galder sucks as composer (I say this cause galder makes a great part of the riffs now). HH was totally overtriggered on ISD. I like more his Arcturus-Covenant-Mayhem work, specially the drums from LMI, TSM and SS.