Vortex

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
Vortex is a brilliant singer!

Can someone give me his discography and if he have play in more bands then Borknagar and Dimmu, please tell me what kind of (metal)-music he did play then..:)

Quoted directly from dimmu borgir's official website:

Simen Hestnæs (ICS Vortex) - Bass and backing vocals

Simen first contributed on the recording of "Spiritual..." by adding a new vocal element, his own "clean" and "operatic" singing which added a new element to Dimmu Borgir as a band. Simen stepped in as session bassist when Nagash left to fully concentrate on The Kovenant, he is today the permanent replacement on bass and full member of Dimmu Borgir. He is also the current singer and bassist of Borknagar,

Previous bands: In August 2000 Simen left Borknagar to concentrate 100% on Dimmu Borgir. Simen is a former Arcturus singer and performed on "La Masquerade Infernale". He was active in uncountable demo-bands, playing guitar, drums and bass. Simen says, "I have a band with Einar Sjurso [of Beyond Dawn fame]. It is straight doom metal, with a bit of that groove thing. It has a bit of that stoner doom influence. It is already recorded, we just need to mix it again and find someone to release it."

I hope you will find it useful

:) :) :)

I used to have an mp3 of Lamented Souls, the song title was "Var" I believe, but it was on my roomates computer, but I've moved since then...It was a great tune, but the only one I heard of Simen in anything other than Arcturus, Dimmu, Or Borknagar. It was amazingly depressing though! Great tune.