Vote which singer you thing is better.

Which of these singer IYO is better?

• Total voters
None of those vocalists are in my top ten though Rob and Bas both do kick ass and are equal in my ears. Bas is probably technically a little better, but Rob has a lot more material. Just to be different I voted for Bas. I prefer Ronnie Dio, Tony Martin, Russell Allen, Mike Howe, Andy Kuntz, Urban Breed, Udo, Ray Alder, Chity Lanka, Geoff Tate and Jon Oliva etc.

Bryant

madcheese9377 said:
What about Roy Orbitson? anyone like him?

Ummm.... I can respect musicians (to include vocalists) from any genre even if I don't particularly like the style of music and Orbison could sing, and though he was one of the better popular vocalists, he was not elite in my ears. Elvis could back up his fame with his voice though. Great singer and frontman. Little Richard also practically "invented" the scream as a musical expression. Without rock and roll, metal would not have existed. In fact, I think any metal vocalist would shake at the knees going up against Paul Rogers (maybe except Russ Allen as he can sing like Paul) in a talent contest. Paul Rogers was/is a singing SOB.

Bryant

madcheese9377 said:
Little Richard rules. and I love Elvis too but the only thing I wished for was that his music was less empty if you can understand that.

I am not a "fan" of any of those early R&R guys. It is more as respecting them for what they did. Elvis only wrote one song in his life, that was "Love Me Tender." Elvis was a singer and performer, but not a songwriter. However, if you want to go back farther, Elvis's hero did write some songs with a lot of meaning. Sinatra sang with a big band as opposed to a rock band, but "Old Blue eyes" was pretty controversial in his time. He was a bad boy.

Bryant

Well said Bryant, my thoughts exactly :D

My favourite vocalists aren't on the list.. Bruce Dickinson, Dio, Russell Allen, Burton C. Bell. And I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now.

Bryant said:
None of those vocalists are in my top ten though Rob and Bas both do kick ass and are equal in my ears. Bas is probably technically a little better, but Rob has a lot more material.
To me Rob is (or at least was) way more technical than Bas (I like him, don't get me wrong). Remember "Dreamer Deceiver", "The Rage", "Blood Red Skies", etc.

Clammy said:
No contest here. Halford all the way!

The rest of those guys aren't fit to shine his shoes!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
You wear sneakers anyway! :p

At least let's recognize the poll was original. Instead of the same names again and again, which reminds me I have to post some of them :loco:

Ian Gillan
Jorn Lande
Damien Wilson
Robert Lowe
Christian Agustin
Rick Mythiasin

Abryl said:
To me, Elvis is something like the Ricky Martin of the 50's :Spin:
I don't like Elvis but that was low punch o_O :p

Wyvern said:
I don't like Elvis but that was low punch o_O :p
Elvis wasn't faggety either. no one thought he was gay, everyone knew where he stood. As for Ricky I'm still undecided, too many people talk him up being gay. Elvis was such an asshole in Jailhouse Rock, but he was a cool asshole. I love the Blues Brothers cover of Jailhouse Rock better than his though, they made it badass, and so did Twisted Sister.

madcheese9377 said:
Hay Abryl, why you don't like Slayer? Just wondering, I'm not a big fan but I like them, I mostly like the God Hates Us All album.

Well, they never really appealed to me. I tried to get into them, but I couldn't. I bought Reign In Blood and let's say it didn't "move me" at all. The only song I like by them is Seasons In The Abyss, that one's really cool :)

madcheese9377 said:
Elvis wasn't faggety either. no one thought he was gay, everyone knew where he stood. As for Ricky I'm still undecided, too many people talk him up being gay. Elvis was such an asshole in Jailhouse Rock, but he was a cool asshole. I love the Blues Brothers cover of Jailhouse Rock better than his though, they made it badass, and so did Twisted Sister.

I don't know if they are/were gay and I really couldn't care less. But I think Elvis was just a marketing product like Ricky Martin (or Nick Carter, Justin Timberalke, etc.). Maybe he was talented, but I don't think he was as great as people say. Tho they came out a few years later, I have a whole lot more respect for The Beatles - not that they're underrated or anything :p

Abryl said:
The only song I like by them is Seasons In The Abyss, that one's really cool :)
Did I ever said that I love this woman? :wave:

Only I also like 'War Ensemble'

Well I like a lot of slayer and the best song IMO, is Blood line and an older one would be Piece by piece. I just started a new job and the guy in charge of me is into a lot of Eropean metal and such and is also a fan of Stratovarious and told me today that they kick a lot of ass, so I'm definetaly going to check them out.