W3 is giving me chills!!!

The closest I can get is Ulver's Bergtatt (aside from Pale Folklore that is).

Otherwise:

Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde
Ne Obliviscaris - The Aurora Veil
Ikuinen Kaamos - The Forlorn
Opeth can have somewhat similar moments - Orchid, Morningrise, Still Life are the closest imo
Saying Moonsorrow would be taking it a little too far.
As would saying Edge of Sanity's 'Crimson'

Those are probably the closest, in descending order from closest to furthest (but still close)... (ish)...

One of the great things about Agalloch is that all their albums have a different feel to them. That makes it tough to pick favorites though... i like the black metal-ish influenced Pale Folklore just as much as the post rock-esque Ashes Against the Grain. They're all so good in different ways! And i won't even start on favourite songs :S

ia woods 3 out yet? i feel like i've been away from internet for so long...i also moved to a new house, so i need to change my mailing address for when the cd comes out... hehe i can't find my whoodie :'(

What's taking you guy's so long?
i expected the album a year ago, and there's still no date of release set!!
Sorry, but i'm beginning to ask some questions,......is it EVER going to come out?

farthman - What's taking you guy's so long?
i expected the album a year ago, and there's still no date of release set!!
Sorry, but i'm beginning to ask some questions,......is it EVER going to come out?

We posted a new song just over a week ago on www.myspace.com/woodsofypres with an update. Mixing is almost finished. Yes, it has taken a long time but I think you'll understand why when you DO eventually hear the album. Is it ever going to come out? Yes it will, hopefully very soon. Don't give up on us! + Thanks for your patience. :kickass:

btw (Metalocalypse reference, for those who don't know) - At the beginning of that video (previous post), you'd think Axl could refrain from doing his "Rockso the Rock n' Roll Clown" move for at least 30 seconds while recording his whistling part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_1dKLZ0Ng&NR=1). All that moving around the microphone will give it a 'panning' effect. I hope the engineer gave him shit. :Smug: