Wacken 2002

only thing for me now is how I'm going to get myself to wacken... 'cuz i'm not taking the Scream buss as once planed...
so I'm maybe going by plane, but what is the best city to go to? for the easyest way to get to wacken?

ooo haggard are comming too
I enjoyed the live dvd a lot(though the sound isn't exactly syncronized with the picture), would be great to actually see them livelive
: )

how's the screambusarrangement? someone said it left before opeth played last year. it would be kind of shit if it left before some neat band played this year too.

Yeah, if I go I'll go with the Scream buss.
I read about it in the Scream magazine...

But, I don't think they have too many details
about the trip yet. All they know is that it will
be more expensive this year, cause they
have to keep the buss down there one more
day or something...

Shit! Haggard is playing! I seriously have to
get my arse down there! Hellspawn, du må
leie meg nedover >:eek:P hehe....

Question for all the Wacken vets:

I hope I don't come off as a silly American, but I've never been to Wacken, and unfortunately, won't be making it this year either.

BUT, I am making long-ranging plans to come perhaps next year. I'm 29, so disposable income is not a problem, but I've never been to Europe. Do a lot of Americans make it to the festival? I can't speak a lick of German (or anything other than New York-ese ;) ) so is it difficult to understand signs, directions, etc.?

And how does it all work? ALL camping, hotels, or what?

Thanks to any and all who provide information. And I hope those of you who ARE going have a wonderful time!

@markgugs, I dont think it is a problem that you cant any german, I cant eather :)
and well, it is posible to stay at a hotel, but then you dont get the 'festival feeling' to it, so camping is the best thing :)
www.wackenopenair.com <-- you'll get alot of info there

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Shit! Haggard is playing! I seriously have to
get my arse down there! Hellspawn, du må
leie meg nedover >:eek:P hehe....
haha! skal gjøre det! :)

and yeah! Haggard is playing!! WHEEEE! =))
I'm looking more and more forward to this summer! :D

nope... I don´t remember seiing any yank there last year
but 90% german or more
lots of Swedes
a little less Danes and Norwegians
Spaniards or south Americans, I remember Brazilians, Israeli,Japanese and some more

some Germans are not so good in english, others are better
It´s ok maan the employes that sell traintickets are obliged to speak fluently

so just remember to buy a ticket to Hamburg and then a little further to the town of Itzehoe
from there, next to the train station buses go regularly every 20 minutes or so to the hillbilly- backwards-grassy-countryside (2000 inhabitants) that is Wacken

hotels are PRETTY much booked in the area!
so just bring a tent, admission to the camp area ( that is huge)is included in the price

cheers to the future!

There ain´t enough of us, eyy? ;)

I´ll bring a bussload, just for yer satisfaction...:D

-phyros ( bringer of happines )

As already stated somewhere else - it's unlikely I can go... I'm gonna miss Amon Amarth live! :mad:

Stupid slave-worker-status of mine... they took any human right from me... well, just maybe I can scratch my damn free days in August all together and buy me three damn free days in the beginning...