Wacken, anybody?

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

Wacken is next year, and I'm toying with the idea of getting together a Maiden Downunder contingent to go over and see some rock combos such as Iced Earth, Stratovarius and Gamma Ray (with stacks more to be announced).

Anyone interested? If tickets are booked before the end of the year then they're only 55 Euros for 3 days, including camping, which is approx $98.50 Australian. However, being someone who detests physical discomfort I'll probably be leaning towards booking a room in a hotel (and according to the website - www.wacken-open-air.de - there are plenty nearby).

I'm not 100% certain I'm going yet - it definitely depends on the financial situation and whether or not I get the windfall I'm expecting shortly - but I thought I'd sound y'all out anyway.

Stay cool

I'd love too!
Pretty unrealistic aim for me at this point however. :(

I could go. My parents would probably pay just to get rid of me for a while.

I like Iced Earth :)

Working on it! Unfortunately 99% of the sites are in freakin' GERMAN. I thought we won the war??? :mad:

(I was just joking, by the way, if there are any Germans reading this)

i have a german background.........

enough said

im no fuckin nazi by the way.....

im sick of getting that shit

Blitzy - it'd cost approx $2000 to fly to Europe (I'm going to London cos I know a bloke that lives there, but others might want to go to Berlin or somewhere closer like that), and the ticket for 3 days (if you book before Dec 31) is approx $100 including camping, so that's $2100, and then there would be miscellaneous costs such as food, alcohol, grog, booze and souvenirs, so I'd hazzard a guess and say at least $3000 :)

I might end up waiting until 2004, I'm not really sure yet. See how I feel, see if I can get myself into a better situation financially. If I *do* go then I'll be staying in England for another month to go to Bloodstock oop north. Might do a Contiki tour of the UK or Europe in between, so it'll be costing me a lot more than $3000!

Even though I detest the game of rugby union, I might go to a few of the Brisbane games next year - I get the feeling that the new Suncorp Stadium is going to be a semi-permanent home for me next year. :)