Waiting or downloading?

Pallbearer

Passive Member
Ok, here's a honest question for y'all.

It's inevitable the upcoming album will surface on the P2P community before the actual release date. Pre-listening sessions have already been held and soon shitloads of promo copies will be sent to journalists. So my guess is SYE will be all over the internet 2 months before it hits the stores (late January).

Are you going to

a) wait until the release date or
b) download the album as soon as it's available?

I'd rather wait. But then again, the (downloaded) album will be discussed a lot on In Flames boards, prolly not on Everdying&HMAS since they have mods, but over here anyways. Going to be hard to read all those comments while not having the disc myself.

You know, I'm thinking of actually buying this one without downloading first. And I think I'll do the same as Nemuu and not read what people have to say until I've listened to it a bunch of times

I guess I'll download the album as soon as it's available. Then I'll listen to all of the songs just 1-2 times very diligently(?). After that I should have a good picture what it's all about. Then I'll delete the files and wait 'til da release date, then buy the album no matter what.

I'm going to wait (as I did with RTR). I won't avoid this forum, and as with RTR, most of the opinions will be from idiots and mean absolutely nothing. Almost everyone who would post somethign senseable and insightful will wait, and the ones who do will be drowned out by idiots most likely :erk:

Steve said:
I'm going to wait (as I did with RTR). I won't avoid this forum, and as with RTR, most of the opinions will be from idiots and mean absolutely nothing. Almost everyone who would post somethign senseable and insightful will wait, and the ones who do will be drowned out by idiots most likely :erk:
yes, unfortunately.....

I'll wait til it comes out.

But what happened with Reroute To Remain is that people started talking shit about it before it was out, then the "net-nerds" (hehe) downloaded some tracks and also talked shit about it, over-criticising the album while they didn't have the final product in hands.
I think that this process won't repeat itself, that's because I have faith in humanity's good will (lol), and of course I might be bullshitting myself about it: the net-edonkey/emule-user-nerds are probably all the time like that, plus they never learn any respect for artists.
I was to say a big DUCK YOU to all the ones talking out of their asses :p
:wave: