Want private lessons from Joey Sturgis? Click here

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
This is no joke, he posted this on the Joey Sturgis Forum's Facebook group:

Joey_lessons.png

Anyway, what's the deal here?

- The video sessions would be personal and private, video chat by your choice over either Skype, Google+ or FaceTime

- To question "Our choice of the topic when we get a hold of you?" he replied "The topics would have to be pre-checked in case it's something I might not know anything about. In other words, I can't teach you how to install a transmission. "

- Cubase/Nuendo is the preferred DAW of choice. On other DAW's he replied "I can do some Pro Tools stuff, but it wouldn't be advanced. I can show you SOME tricks, but most of the info I could provide would be generalized to a point where it could apply to anything, even tape. In Cubase I can offer a lot more, I know everything about that program." He also said "If you use PT, do not switch to Cubase. You probably won't like it. The two are not similar in any way."

- The lessons will be about your recording/mixing session, not his. To questions "It would be bad ass if people could sit in on sessions via Skype, watch the workflow" and "Are the sessions going to be 'from scratch', from existing sessions or upcoming releases?" he replied "The sessions would be all on your computer and your plugins and your software", so you are NOT going to be watching Joey doing his magic, take it more as a tutoring from Joey how to improve YOUR workflow.

- Pricing is $50.00 per hour for a private 1 on 1 session. If you would like enhanced lessons, please make sure your "Remote Control / Connection" on your computer works. This will allow me to control your mouse and keyboard over network during the session.

- NO sign ups yet (Joey, edit the sign up info, schedule and final pricing in here when it's done), but if you are seriously interested, follow this thread and post your email address and I think Joey will figure out a way to contact those who are interested :)

i'll be happy to buy video tutorial, but I have no such an oportunity to pay 50$ for the lesson and problem with a language(

definitely interested!! would love to talk with him about how to mix my clean vocals better! :) amazing idea, and a great way for him to earn some extra money!

christoph'at'metrixmedia.de

I've already expressed an interest in this but I'm not massively up for leaving my email address. Perhaps when it's a more concrete idea and there's a sign-up process or whatever.

UPDATE!

Joey said this a couple of minutes ago on the Joey Sturgis forum group page on facebook...

"Private Lesson session scheduling will begin as soon as I return from the Caribbean which is Dec. 5th! Keep an eye here, and on my forum for information on how to schedule your own session."