Wanted: Advice giver. Will Pay. Explained in thread.

KeithReyn

Members Only Member
Apr 1, 2008
Osceola Mills, PA
Hey guys,
Ive thought about this idea for a few months, and Im just gonna take the chance and finally post about it. I guess what im looking for is an advice giver or mentor type person. At first, I kicked around the idea of interning somewhere, but there just arent any places to do that around where I am. Which is Pennsylvania by the way. What im asking for is not something that would actually take any REAL time or prevent you from getting your work done. Im just looking for someone that that I can ask some questions to, can be an ear for some things, and maybe shoot some advice my way that will help me and Im willing to pay for it. Obviously im not talking about crazy amounts of money. ;)

Im sure some of you are thinking "wtf asshole? why not just google things?". The answer to that is I have and will of course continue to do so. I just would really like someone who knows their shit, that wouldnt mind helping this sorta new audio engineer progress in the field. Ive been doing it for a couple years, but I still have a long way to go! I certainly dont think I suck ass, but with the passion I have for the field, I wanna be the best i can be.
I always have always felt a little weird when asking someone more than a couple questions. In this arrangement, that feeling of weirdness wont exist. The person chosen for this needs to have a good attitude, after all, youd be getting paid some $ just to type a bit.

Im not asking for presets, or anything like that. I dont want to learn or take anyone's "sound". I just really love recording & mixing and would like to develop my skills more.

Anyway, if its something youre willing to do, post or pm me a price of what its worth to you to give me a bit of a helping hand.

Thanks for reading guys!!

My best tip for you; book a mixing session with someone who knows his shit; I learned tons of stuff when mixing our last album with Andy LaRocque at Los Angered; I hung around for the whole mix, bugging the hell out of him with a thousand questions an hour :)