Warning - Watching From a Distance

the plane! the plane!

• Total voters
I didn't say anything about not enjoying the album. I just think it's hilarious how much cum Patrick Walker has been drowned in since February.

Actually, you could double up on the cum factor and the album would still be underrated IMO. Certainly one of the top 3 albums of this decade, no doubt about it.

I still listen to this album every day (sometimes 2 or 3 times) and I'm not sick of it at all.

If any new millenium album could be considered a "classic" in my eyes (ears?), this would be it.
And in a month I'll be seeing them live with swizzlenuts in London :kickass:

I find it really hard to gauge the album comparatively, because there's really nothing else like it. I approach Watching From A Distance unlike any other album, and for that, it's a tremendous accomplishment and a unique experience. That can never be taken away from it.

Right, it even sounds different to their previous outings. It's like the stars were aligned for this one. Or something.

Best album released in a loooooooooong time folks!

edit: I guage it comparatively based on the fact that no album I've heard in years has made such a colossal impression on me in such a short time

seeing them live (two nights in a row, at that) took the entire experience to another level entirely

Best album released in a loooooooooong time folks!

edit: I guage it comparatively based on the fact that no album I've heard in years has made such a colossal impression on me in such a short time

seeing them live (two nights in a row, at that) took the entire experience to another level entirely

At B'ham, Warning played second and Against Nature had a longer set. Then Pat came on stage for an Obsessed cover :(

At B'ham, Warning played second and Against Nature had a longer set. Then Pat came on stage for an Obsessed cover :(

Did you go to the Birmingham date?! I was there, but I got far too drunk. I do remember Warning, and I remember enjoying them, but I doubt I appreciated it as much as I should have done. I didn't even realise another band played after Warning to be honest, haha.

Yeah, it's a good album, but not that good. It's hardly sublime. It's kinda like Schindler's List, you know? It's very desperate to get you sad, and it doesn't' have the time to be subtle about it, so it just dishes out all the sad little clichés it can think of. It gets tiering. Very good riff work and drumming, though!

Did you go to the Birmingham date?! I was there, but I got far too drunk. I do remember Warning, and I remember enjoying them, but I doubt I appreciated it as much as I should have done. I didn't even realise another band played after Warning to be honest, haha.

that's actually a shame. I've heard some people comment -- not necessarily about the Birmingham date though -- that Warning live was a pretty religious experience.