Was I listening to the right Bathory?

1. most black metal is just "noise".
2. black metal is dead. no scene in cleveland.
3. unless youve listened to the new cd, your biases toward it have no credentials.
4. 80% of black metal is imagery and gimmicks. lets be serious. wearing corpse paint has no affect on the musicianship, creativity, or overall sound of a band.

bm8.jpg

too many late night trips to taco bell.

5. wearing spikes onstage is stupid.
6. satanic imagery is overplayed in modern metal. its not "shocking" to hate god anymore. big fucking deal.
7. carrying medieval weapons around doesnt impress me. i collect swords. have a whole stack of them.
8. illegible named songs.

Again. dead genre of metal. And thank god.

Further proving that you dont know what you are talking about, seeing as there is a shitload of BM bands that don't have that imagery and satanic lyricism. Educate yourself before you make comments like that, kthx :). As for "most black metal is just noise", I won't even touch that one because I get when it comes down to it, you either get it, or you don't. And I have heard the new marduk. :)

1. most norsecore and other shityy MUSIC is just "noise".
2. black metal is underground. no scene in cleveland.
3. unless youve listened to the new cd, your biases toward it have no credentials.
4. 80% of black metal is imagery and gimmicks. lets be serious. wearing corpse paint has no affect on the musicianship, creativity, or overall sound of a band.
5. wearing spikes onstage is stupid.
6. satanic imagery is overplayed in modern metal. its not "shocking" to hate god anymore. big fucking deal.
7. carrying medieval weapons around doesnt impress me. i collect swords. have a whole stack of them.
8. illegible named songs.

Again. dead genre of metal. And thank god.
1. tons of music is noise. the first wave of black metal was riff driven heavy metal satanic awesomeness. second wave was faster and began the signs of atmosphere where it all needs to be taken in as a great instrumental amalgam. you can hear it in lots of judas iscariot, emperor, watain, antaeus.
2. CLEVELAND? what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
3. true. but marduk likes sucking.
4. it's about gimmicks NOW. but there are bands who like to keep the tradition alive and why not? they're on a stage. may as well be theatric in some fucking way. a bunch of dead guys on stage playing odes to satan? SURE.
5. why? why not support your lyrics and look cool? giant spikes are cool, anyway. those little faggy ones kids (like you probably) wear on their wrists are lame. what the fuck does that support? certainly not death or satan.
6. it's not overplayed. and it's not even about hating god. it's just taking all the craziness associated with satan and putting out there. it's like a fucking horror movie.
7.8.dfkjsadlfkjsdf

goddamn i love gwen stefani

if i could escape and be free to places my own worrrld!!

i like how will picked the fuck up on it. try all you want to find black metal dissociated from satan. but you'll fail. most of what you have as defense is probably NSBM. great, but not really black metal. too much folk offends satan and his hellfire legion.

Generally in metal I've found that the music itself is more emphasized than the lyrics, hence when I say Black Metal, I'm referring to the actual music. I dont think that if a band plays music that is very similar to some satanic black metal band, that they aren't black metal just because their lyrics are about other things.

Anyway, I think i'm done with this, I've found having an intelligent discussion of black metal is pretty much impossible on this board.

Anyway, I think i'm done with this, I've found having an intelligent discussion of black metal is pretty much impossible on this board.

why's that? i'm very educated in black metal. in most metal, really. i'd be willing to bet many others are as well.

i mean, just from longevity will's become a scholar!

do you really think the satan dynamic is that lame? i mean, the reason the term black metal came about was because of that dynamic. primarily from the King and Cronos with their 50's movie inspired songs.