Watershed: Are you disapointed with it?

i really, really love this album. i've probably heard it 20+ times, and it's pretty fresh on every listen. i'm glad they made an album like this, especially after ghost reveries which almost shattered my faith in them =/

i really, really love this album. i've probably heard it 20+ times, and it's pretty fresh on every listen. i'm glad they made an album like this, especially after ghost reveries which almost shattered my faith in them =/

I think Ghost Reveries was a great album. It had it's dead points, yes, but some really great songs! Even so, I could honestly say that Watershed is a step in the right direction from GR.

Wow, guys. You need to give it TIME. Opeth songs are like STUDIES. Watershed is in NO way disappointing to me. This is a band that every time they put out an album, it has a song or bunch of songs where you're like "This is their BEST song!" or, as in "Heir Apparent," "This is what Plato would call, the Form of Death Metal." Perfect metal. Give it time and you'll realize the album is complete.

Wow, guys. You need to give it TIME. Opeth songs are like STUDIES. Watershed is in NO way disappointing to me. This is a band that every time they put out an album, it has a song or bunch of songs where you're like "This is their BEST song!" or, as in "Heir Apparent," "This is what Plato would call, the Form of Death Metal." Perfect metal. Give it time and you'll realize the album is complete.

How 'bout no.

Honestly I think people need to give it more time to grow on them rather than wait and see if the novelty wears off.

I have listened to it 2 times for now and I am falling in love. I don't know why so few good words were said about Hessian Peel and Hex Omega. This tracks were flowing over my body and soul while I was listening. Amazing album.
Burden is a very good track, but maybe I am not in a mood to listen to 70s for a moment. But i will certainly will be in that mood.
Opeth continues to conquer the hearts of people.

It's just music, Jesus Christ. If I didn't already listen to Opeth and I saw your post I would stay the fuck away from them. It's just a band, its not a cult or some shit. If people don't like it, its fine. Your opinion is not a fact.

I have listened to it 2 times for now and I am falling in love. I don't know why so few good words were said about Hessian Peel and Hex Omega. This tracks were flowing over my body and soul while I was listening. Amazing album.
Burden is a very good track, but maybe I am not in a mood to listen to 70s for a moment. But i will certainly will be in that mood.
Opeth continues to conquer the hearts of people.

Yes. Hessian Peel is perhaps the unsung best track. Yet, the tracks are so stand alone that it's hard to say what's best. I guess personally, it's the Opeth-iest,but a bit lacking on the death vox. Anyways, Watershed has any and everything you'll need for your Peth Fix till the next release.

It's just music, Jesus Christ. If I didn't already listen to Opeth and I saw your post I would stay the fuck away from them. It's just a band, its not a cult or some shit. If people don't like it, its fine. Your opinion is not a fact.

Wow, I am totally enlightened by your obviously superior brain. Please forgive me for praising Opeth in an Opeth forum.

Watershed is a fantastic album. The whole thing is good, the packaging, production, and the actual music itself. When I determine album goodness, I look at the whole. the Envelope artwork on the Special Edition is pretty cool, like the release date on the stamp, the place they're from, and the seal at the back...Don't want to forget the booklet, the code, and the pictures.

I'd say Watershed might be the best album of the year, for me anyways. Even though were only half way through the year. It might even beat Metallica's new one for me.

Watershed is a great album, better than all other music released so far this year, IMO. If I'm going to compare it to other Opeth works, I would say it's most like MAYH. Not so much musically, but it is similar in that they're both transitional records. The heavy parts are somewhat MAYH-ish though, at least they have a similar vibe to me, my ears personally. I'd say Watershed is a blend of MAYH, Damnation, and new elements, like a lite amount of shred, fusion jazz type stuff, and female vocals.

But I think Metallica will have a decent, but probably not groundbreaking, release.