watershed cover !

^Good idea

There's something strange next to the photograph on the 2nd picture:

I hope Travis Smith doesn't mind us editing his work :erk:

^What do you mean?

edit:
lol yeah, that's strange. I didn't notice before since I just copied and pasted it.

There is a line above the person's head, and beneath it the window is not going straight down, but in an angle towards the table. I guess it means something...

lol at the people who don't like the font...it's basically the same font as the Opeth logo.

The cover, just like the album's title, will have to grow on me, but it looks pretty cool.

lol at the people who don't like the font...it's basically the same font as the Opeth logo.

The cover, just like the album's title, will have to grow on me, but it looks pretty cool.

Yeah, the font looked bulky.. But on the high def picture it's really cool!

I guess most complaints really wasnt about the font itself, but the crappy looking quality, wich basicly WAS the crappy lowres verion on the flashsite.
Looked better on this highres version.
Wonder what it will look like in real life.

To be honest it's just an ok cover, atleast in my opinion.

But don't get me wrong, cause it is indeed very Opethish, and as mentioned before in this thread, it is in the same style as Deliverance/Damnation.

Can't wait for the special edition though !

The 'Watershed' font is actually one of my favourite things about the cover.
Overall it's simple... yet deliciously evil. That is why Travis Smith is the man.

it has the same feel that ghost reveries does, but its pretty bland.

I feel like it needs more.. theres so much un-used space.

at first glance I thought it was a church altar.

travis struck gold with bwp/ghost reveries and most definitely with still life especially with the still life remaster cover, but I think he missed it by a little bit on this one.

opethwatershedcovermine.jpg

When I first saw it I didn't like it. Then I saw the high-res image, and I saw the sheer solitude of it all...the midnight black, the light leaking onto the carpet, the empyreal yet disturbing luminescence coming from the window.

Not really into the Watershed font. It looks a bit contrived and a bit fake. I would have strongly prefered the cursive of Still Life or Ghost Reveries. Expecially considering the guy looks like he's writing in a book or reading a diary or something.

Not really. It's too gaudy. The Opeth logo, on the other hand, shows restraint and is far more elegant.

The logo notwithstanding, the cover is absolutely stunning. Props to Travis for another masterpiece.