We Are The Void

My complaints about the (potential) quality of the published album did not come true. I received today a Double LP, with the bonus tracks listed on the back. And a cute, mis-spelled letter about the impending shipping of my autographed booklet. The handwritten note was a nice touch.

WHAT THE F*!?!? The company released two versions of the LP, I can't believe that :rolleyes: . The other one will have to wait. Pics?

WHAT THE F*!?!? The company released two versions of the LP, I can't believe that :rolleyes: . The other one will have to wait. Pics?

I'm not opening my copy (yet), and I don't have a digital camera. What I can say for certain is that it's definitely in one of those folded "book-form" cardboard slips, and the track listing includes 13 tracks from side A through side D. So I'm pretty sure that's two.

I think the band really needs to work on the riffs because with some exceptions (Shadow in Our Blood, Dream Oblvion and Her Silent Language), the riffs are essentially the same throughout the entire album. And I don't like that, and for me it's worse when you see that all those riffs are with the damn 'riff-pause-riff-pause' rhythm (chugging?). It's certainly a nice rhythm and it sounded great on Terminus, but the band overdid this time, and IMO it's a plague present in the entire album.

This is something I strongly agree with. It's been something they've been incorporating into their music quite a lot since Damage Done (see The Final Resistance, for example). It's not necessarily a bad thing but it does become a problem when it dominates the music and is present in almost every single song on an album.

This is something I strongly agree with. It's been something they've been incorporating into their music quite a lot since Damage Done (see The Final Resistance, for example). It's not necessarily a bad thing but it does become a problem when it dominates the music and is present in almost every single song on an album.

Yes, after this album I started noticing that style since Damage Done too. It's not so present in said album or Character, nor even in Fiction (except in Terminus, which is still an awesome song). But it's incredibly evident in this album, the band should not rely so much on keyboards.

If you take those out, what is left?

Ironically enough, the song that gets more praise around here, 'Her Silent Language', is the one with the best riffs.

Could anyone tell me what autograph belongs to which bandmember? Thanks

dtauto.jpg

I have 2 of these as my friend who I gave the CD/DVD to, said she does not want the autographs. Why ask why?
So, maybe we can do some sort of trade for the extra autographed booklet I now have?
Someone anyone interested?

Best guesses: top two - Mikael and Niklas (pretty sure about these two)
Left-right: Anders - Martin B
Bottom left-right: Martin H - Daniel

Amazing show in St. Louis tonight, got to talk to the band forever. I'd say I talked to Mikael for something like 45 minutes straight, got pictures and such. My girlfriend got her shirt signed, and we bought all three they had.

Anders and Martin B. said I look like Tuomas Halopainen, which I'll take as a compliment. Martin H. remembered me from the Atlanta show two years ago because of my tattoos, joking about it again.

Only complaint was the crowd, annoying, young scene type kids. Seems like almost no one there knew who Dark Tranquillity were, it was sad.

Mikael said they're coming back to St. Louis for the headline in May, but they don't know who they are playing with yet.

Mikael said they're coming back to St. Louis for the headline in May, but they don't know who they are playing with yet.

There was a spoiler on one of the venue sites for May (currently removed and placed into upcoming shows), so I'm not going to tell you what that was :D

But it was in May as well. And we know who's birthday is in May... :lol:

Does anyone have the itunes and japanese bonus tracks for watv? I already have the deluxe and vinyl editions so having to buy the itunes version just for 1 song is a waste. Anyone??

The bonus track of the Japanese version (which I don't think is out yet) is 'Out of Gravity'. Awesome title hehe :headbang: .

I also noticed that iTunes has this song called 'The Bow and the Arrow', it's not available in any other package but I saw that you can get if (apparently) you buy the entire album from iTunes.

Ahhh they should've it for sale by itself :( .

Oh and my friend says the DVD of the extra version sucks, to which I have to agree. Why is the the one new thing only a three minute bonus video? CM might as well have made that as a digital download and include more bonus stuff. I want my wallpapers! :(

I also noticed that iTunes has this song called 'The Bow and the Arrow', it's not available in any other package but I saw that you can get if (apparently) you buy the entire album from iTunes.

I swear I saw it at some point on Amazon, at least as an audio sample. I just checked and could only find the 11 album tracks. Not that it would matter, because I'm pretty sure that Amazon only sells to red-blooded Americans, like a respectable corporation.

I am going to get that bonus track, and I am going to attempt to pay for it. However, I am running Linux, so iTunes will not let me give them money. I think Amazon also uses a special downloader app, so I'm probably out of luck there. Hopefully, the song will end up somewhere that I can pay for it.

I swear I saw it at some point on Amazon, at least as an audio sample. I just checked and could only find the 11 album tracks. Not that it would matter, because I'm pretty sure that Amazon only sells to red-blooded Americans, like a respectable corporation.

I am going to get that bonus track, and I am going to attempt to pay for it. However, I am running Linux, so iTunes will not let me give them money. I think Amazon also uses a special downloader app, so I'm probably out of luck there. Hopefully, the song will end up somewhere that I can pay for it.

Amazon is a great company, but they should sell/make available their digital content to everyone, not just U.S. Americans. I've got a code for $3 that I can't use :( . It's stupid, since iTunes is available to everyone, hence their losing costumers in that way. (Ah and I recently got the digital version of Watchmen from iTunes —the code came with the ltd. box—, and it looks very nice in my Mac.)

I'll try to buy it too, it'd be a bit difficult, but iTunes has Paypal so I'll try that way.

http://www.trooper.co.jp/artist_darktranquillity.html
It's released already.

So expensive it is :ill:
I can buy three more US edition copies with that money :Smug:

Yup, that's how Japanese versions are :p . They're still the best, though. Amazon.co.jp has it. The reviews basically say that it's a great album :p .

I swear I saw it at some point on Amazon, at least as an audio sample. I just checked and could only find the 11 album tracks.

You must have been high.

Amazon has never - not on my watch - put any audio samples prior to a release, and bonus tracks were never listed since the release date (US Amazon).

Not that it would matter, because I'm pretty sure that Amazon only sells to red-blooded Americans, like a respectable corporation.

Amazon is a great company, but they should sell/make available their digital content to everyone, not just U.S. Americans. I've got a code for $3 that I can't use :( . It's stupid, since iTunes is available to everyone, hence their losing costumers in that way.

These are like most naive and just fucking stupid fucking things I've heard this morning.

Go study fucking media law or some shit.

Or get this fucking book about music business, read it and shut the fuck up already, all of you.

(If things were so simple my dick would be 4 inches longer, 3 inches thicker and overall tastier).

You must have been high.

Amazon has never - not on my watch - put any audio samples prior to a release, and bonus tracks were never listed since the release date (US Amazon).

I'm absolutely certain that the 30 second sample showed up, and I did listen to it. I'm also certain that the song in question is not one that I'd heard before (i.e. not the album or U.S. bonus tracks). I just checked the different editions listed on Amazon, and none of them show it. I know I heard this track.

These are like most naive and just fucking stupid fucking things I've heard this morning.

Go study fucking media law or some shit.

I understand exactly why Amazon does it; I just think it's a stupid system. Even if Amazon goes to all the trouble of offering a better experience than iTunes, non-Statesians have no way of rewarding them financially. Since some people can't run iTunes, Amazon might work. Giving customers around the world fewer opportunities to buy just makes piracy look better.

Of course, the tangle of contracts and redistribution rights of yesteryear makes it pretty much impossible to find an easy solution. Literally millions of contracts need to be (re)negotiated. That's why I vote for a swift and permanent ban on copyright of any sort. But that's just me.

After having this time to really listen and take the album in i've decided this. WATV is good, very good, and its an album that i will play for years to come and i'll enjoy it everytime, but.....i'm a little upset to have to say, it doesnt quite stack up to fiction. I happen to think that Fiction is one of the BEST albums EVER, and while WATV is VERY good, it is in no way comparable to the emotion and the rawness i felt on Fiction.