We Are The Void

I stand by the fact that this album is more straight-foward, not experimentive, if you've heard album like Projector and Fiction and know what experimentation actually is. It's not that I listen to DT only for experiments, I like straight-foward albums like Haven and Character too, but those albums have very strong, fun, emotionative, and fist pumping hooks. For straight-foward music, you need hooks. For experimentation, you need experimentation. And I do believe that neither is found on this album, especially in abundance. As always, there are a few songs that break their own mold, but 8 out of 11 are truly not good in my opinion, in terms of hooks, experiments, or strength.

I just feel like some of the fans aren't realistically judging this album, and are treating it like how die-hard fans do.

What seems to be strange is that I find hooks in EVERY song. If you dont, then we just have different concepts about what "hooks" really is :)

^Ah hahahaha will this ever stop? :lol:

So "We Are The Void" will be release as an LP aswell. I guess, this is what gonna interest mr.

Here's the link - http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Dark_T...e_Void_-Double_Gatefold_LP-_-PRE-ORDER-/33086

yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg

Thanks a lot for the link!!! :headbang:

The other day after the Arch Enemy concert a guy offered to play WAV (he had it in his iPhone), but I declined hehe.

Have just seen the 5th studio report. That's amazing! And hell I was only half right in what I heard in "Dream Oblivion" lyrics. Shite!
I was thinking DVD was going to nclude all these reports. But it seems to me that this 5th is the las one, nah?
And with this studio report YouTube had "Arkhangelsk" between dedicated videos. I could hardly stand the temptation... Argh!!!

Defiance, welcome :)
If I can correctly understand I'm not the only one who refuse to listen to "We Are The Void" before its release date now?

Have just seen the 5th studio report. That's amazing! And hell I was only half right in what I heard in "Dream Oblivion" lyrics. Shite!
I was thinking DVD was going to nclude all these reports. But it seems to me that this 5th is the las one, nah?
And with this studio report YouTube had "Arkhangelsk" between dedicated videos. I could hardly stand the temptation... Argh!!!
Ooh Arkhangelsk, that's one beast of a song, it's brilliant!

Saw it on Twitter minutes after an announcement - at this price it's a no-brainer must have =)

Great price for sure! Have you see that you can have a shirt with it for only 20$??

I just order the lp+shirt and the deluxe edition for only 40$ hahaha wow once again thx Cm Distro!

I am surprised and happy this is a great album!:headbang:

I had a dream relating to We Are The Void. All I remember is that I was in a passenger train with some friends, then I spot Mikael and Niklas. I greet them and I ask them "I never understood the idea of the phrase We Are The Void. What's that all about?" Niklas mumbled something to Mike then he replied "It has to do with the fact that we, as humans, think we know almost everything. But the truth is, we know nothing about ourselves. It's about the unknown aspects of life and death."
:OMG:

Never has a dream with one of my favorite bands in it provoke such thought. It's a sign. I must buy this album.

I had a dream relating to We Are The Void. All I remember is that I was in a passenger train with some friends, then I spot Mikael and Niklas. I greet them and I ask them "I never understood the idea of the phrase We Are The Void. What's that all about?" Niklas mumbled something to Mike then he replied "It has to do with the fact that we, as humans, think we know almost everything. But the truth is, we know nothing about ourselves. It's about the unknown aspects of life and death."

Never has a dream with one of my favorite bands in it provoke such thought. It's a sign. I must buy this album.

I just got the strangest image of the Dark Tranquillity guys actually being aliens sent from distant galaxies to educate the terran people on ourselves ...

Defiance, welcome :)
If I can correctly understand I'm not the only one who refuse to listen to "We Are The Void" before its release date now?

Nope, you're not the only one.

Ha cool dream, it is indeed a sign. But you shouldn't need those to buy DT albums ;) .

I just got the strangest image of the Dark Tranquillity guys actually being aliens sent from distant galaxies to educate the terran people on ourselves ...

Ah hahahaha this thread just keeps getting weirder and weirder :lol: .

you can add your dreams here ...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...213-how-often-does-dt-appear-your-dreams.html

okay after looking around the internet theres like 8 million posts of people who are complaining about the low quality of the leak....these people should all be killed....they're already downloading the leaked album..BUT then they have the never to F'ing complain about...ugh...fuck.

I can't find any info on what's on the bonus DVD. Does anyone know what's on the bonus DVD? I'm just wondering what I preordered. Thanks.

I believe its the Making Of, though I could be wrong.

And anyone up for a picture of Mikael holding the sledgehammer from #5 on a shirt, with the back saying "I curse the heavens above me"?:p

We - me und Yau-kakau - call that song "Благовещенск" :D

I dunno, it just popped out of nowhere and stuck =D

(For those who don't get Cyrillic on their cable: it's also a city, something like Blagovestchensk (bitch to pronounce, even trickier than "individuality" ;) ), which means something along the lines of "Announcer of good(ness)").

I stand by the fact that this album is more straight-foward, not experimentive, if you've heard album like Projector and Fiction and know what experimentation actually is. It's not that I listen to DT only for experiments, I like straight-foward albums like Haven and Character too, but those albums have very strong, fun, emotionative, and fist pumping hooks. For straight-foward music, you need hooks. For experimentation, you need experimentation. And I do believe that neither is found on this album, especially in abundance. As always, there are a few songs that break their own mold, but 8 out of 11 are truly not good in my opinion, in terms of hooks, experiments, or strength.

I just feel like some of the fans aren't realistically judging this album, and are treating it like how die-hard fans do.

Wait, what? Let's read that again.

It's not that I listen to DT only for experiments, I like straight-foward albums like Haven and Character too, but those albums have very strong, fun, emotionative, and fist pumping hooks.

O________________________________O