We Love to look forward...who do you want to see in the promo video for next year?

Edguy, Blind Guardian, Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Killer Dwarfs. Any of those 5 would make me tinkle a little.

-Been waiting to see Dark Moor for years.
-Triddana...they sound like Dio singing with bagpipes. Awesome.
-Nightwish w/ Floor (caught the Orlando show last year....words cannot describe)
-Not really Prog nor Power, but Swallow the Sun. Not sure how well that would go over.
- Diabulus in Musica
-Amberian Dawn

Same list I posted last time, I just keep removing the ones Glenn brings and adding new ones.

1) Arch/Matheos
2) Sieges Even
3) Ne Obliviscaris
4) Draconian
5) Royal Hunt w/ DC
6) Agalloch
7) Sirenia
8) Tristania
9) Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
10) Wobbler
11) Dark Tranquility
12) Unisonic
13) The Shadow Theory
14) Subsignal

hmmm

Devin Townsend doing some form of the Retinal Circus show
Sybreed
Saga
Marillion
Flotsam and Jetsom
Trail of Murder
Lalu

In addition to other returning favorites

I'd love that the "traditional" or "old-school" metal in 2015 would be TROUBLE...
The new album is excellent and Kyle Thomas can do the old songs justice

Cloudscape
Nightmare
Civil War (or Astral Doors or Lions Share)
Threshold
Saffire
Sinister Realm
Trail Of Murder
Mustasch

Last edited by a moderator:
They're kind of metalcore-ish now, but not full-blown metalcore. Not enough angst. :)

I generally dont care for metalcore, but its mostly because of the local bands that all sound the same that get wedged onto the local shows to try to increase the crowd. Picture Symphony X with two local metalcore bands, and you can kind of see what used to happen a lot here in Dallas. It's a lot like people who deride power metal - there's so much of it that's cookie-cutter and by the numbers that some of the really good acts get lost in the mass, especially if you're looking in from outside of that particular scene.

There have been a few metalcore bands that I could get into, like Himsa and some of Sonic Syndicate's stuff, but I wouldn't personally miss the genre if it disappeared. :)