Wearing Opeth

I stopped wearing my Chronology shirt awhile back because all of a sudden, it seemed everyone had an Opeth shirt and it was kind of annoying knowing that hat was once special to you and you only, is now being considered mainstream........... At least to me.

Lol not only is the tee shirt thing bad, but the whole metal thing. Everyone in our school is starting to listen to metal now because they think it is cool. Next day people are wearing decapitated shirts and I'm like :erk: (normally I wouldn't care, but it's kind of strange when you go on msn and they are listening to Jay Z.)
I remember back in grade 5-8 when I and about 2 other people listened to metal, instead of Fall Out Boy, or hawthorne heights. Remember when I told you I was going to start wearing top hats, speedos, and shit and see if it becomes a fad Lightbulb Sun?

Who the hell cares how many other people wear the shirts?
Wearing something to make you different is just as retarded as wearing something that makes you the same. Wear what you like, fuck everything else.

nothing custom, i dont know why but i can never get it the way i like, so i stopped trying, for regular i have
bwp(well worn and has holes, but i still wear it)
ghost of perdition(worn)
watershed tour shirt
watershed zip up hoodie(50$ who could resist)
also i have a bloodbath rtc shirt and hoodie, i figured id include them since rtc has mikaels face and name on it

I have this shirt with the band on it, and the Opeth logo over the pic. On the back, there's some tourdates and it says "The Grand Conjuration Tour" or something. And yes, I bought it at Hot Topic, but tough shit. It's a cool looking shirt.

Lol not only is the tee shirt thing bad, but the whole metal thing. Everyone in our school is starting to listen to metal now because they think it is cool. Next day people are wearing decapitated shirts and I'm like :erk: (normally I wouldn't care, but it's kind of strange when you go on msn and they are listening to Jay Z.)
I remember back in grade 5-8 when I and about 2 other people listened to metal, instead of Fall Out Boy, or hawthorne heights. Remember when I told you I was going to start wearing top hats, speedos, and shit and see if it becomes a fad Lightbulb Sun?

Uh oh.......
But yeah, that was ridiculous.
"I love brutal fucking tech metal but hey! I feel like listening to some Tupac!"
It's just plain lame.......

Who the hell cares how many other people wear the shirts?
Wearing something to make you different is just as retarded as wearing something that makes you the same. Wear what you like, fuck everything else.

I hate to say it, but I don't want anything that associates me with people like I described.

I guess I understand that - I don't agree that people you dislike should have an affect on how you dress, but I do understand that.

Yeah, that is a good point. I do need to think for myself. But still, that straight out pisses me off when you hear someone listening to some rap while wearing an Opeth shirt.

Yeah, that is a good point. I do need to think for myself. But still, that straight out pisses me off when you hear someone listening to some rap while wearing an Opeth shirt.

That's pretty sad, man.

Open your mind a little.

That's pretty sad, man.

Open your mind a little.

I don't agree with that - it's got nothing to do with open-mindness. He doesn't like something - therefore things that are associated with that are... tainted, I guess. Now he can't enjoy those things.
I personally can't wear pink shirts - nothing against the color, but probably I can't get out of the frame of mind that "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" that I've been brainwashed since birth. Therefore, I would feel extremely uncomfortable in a pink shirt.

But when it regards people I dislike, I personally think that doing something just because it's different from them gives them too much acknowledgement, more than they deserve. I wouldn't want anyone to control aspects of my life, let alone someone I don't like.

But hey, that's just me - I understand where you're coming from though.

I a bit over black T shirts myself. White metal shirts are the best--I remember when I met Peter Lindgrin years and years ago, he was wearing a white Napalm Death shirt that was just too damn cool.

My favorite black metal shirts consist of just the logo: white on black.

I'd like to see some non-black Opeth wear!

I don't agree with that - it's got nothing to do with open-mindness. He doesn't like something - therefore things that are associated with that are... tainted, I guess. Now he can't enjoy those things.
I personally can't wear pink shirts - nothing against the color, but probably I can't get out of the frame of mind that "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" that I've been brainwashed since birth. Therefore, I would feel extremely uncomfortable in a pink shirt.

But when it regards people I dislike, I personally think that doing something just because it's different from them gives them too much acknowledgement, more than they deserve. I wouldn't want anyone to control aspects of my life, let alone someone I don't like.

But hey, that's just me - I understand where you're coming from though.

But he has something against people who like death metal and rap. That's not to do with his own tastes in music, that's being intolerant of other people's, and thinking they're 'lame' for liking music that he doesn't.

Yeah, I wish there were more colors than just black, since I've got too many as it is...
EDIT: This was to Brooks.

To Duncan: Well, that's true. I was talking more of how he dresses, not his opinions. I try not to judge people on that, especially people on the internet.

Why? When you're into metal, it has to be exclusive?? I don't like rap but what if someone likes both type of music??

It's not about that, it's about not wanting to be a PART of that. I don't like rap, in fact I despise it, so I prefer to avoid any associations with it.

I don't hate people who listen to rap either.

Yeah I understand what you mean but you will always, at some point in your life, be associated with someone/something you don't like. I'm sure rappers eat mac and cheese too so you're kinda screwed there too...

i understand what the people who dont like it being popular are trying to say, you love opeth, and a lot of my friends wear opeth, but we can talk opeth, if you can't talk to these people seriously about the complexity or subtleties of opeth or anything at all, then its annoying because it no longer represents the true fan who adores opeth, it just represents a group of people who listen to screaming shit cause its cool(is what people will lump the true fans into).

i understand what the people who dont like it being popular are trying to say, you love opeth, and a lot of my friends wear opeth, but we can talk opeth, if you can't talk to these people seriously about the complexity or subtleties of opeth or anything at all, then its annoying because it no longer represents the true fan who adores opeth, it just represents a group of people who listen to screaming shit cause its cool(is what people will lump the true fans into).

Oh, wow. Perfectly said.