Wearing Opeth

i understand what the people who dont like it being popular are trying to say, you love opeth, and a lot of my friends wear opeth, but we can talk opeth, if you can't talk to these people seriously about the complexity or subtleties of opeth or anything at all, then its annoying because it no longer represents the true fan who adores opeth, it just represents a group of people who listen to screaming shit cause its cool(is what people will lump the true fans into).

You know, it is possible to moderately like bands and not love them enough to want to talk subtleties, nuances and meanings (yes, even Opeth). Not every has to have a fanatical devotion to any band. Do you really care if the guy is a true fan or just thinks they're nice.

:lol: very funny brooks, my bad, next time i'll try and clean it up a bit

and i kinda agree frosties, (sorry about the spelling errors) you make a bit of a valid point, i guess we just dont want people giving us(or more importantly opeth) a bad name, i mean who wants someone going around saying "yeah man opeth is a sick band but dont get damntion, its terrible not metal at all" or "well they're good, but dont bother listening to anything before blackwater park, its all just crappy with bad production
dont want any bad ambassadors to our favorite band hahaha

The point Lightbulb and I were trying to make was that everyone was listening to the music and turning themselves into walking advertisements because they thought it was cool. Lay off of him, guys. (I remember some kid telling me his favourite Opeth song was circle of tyrants. I explained to him that it was a cover song and he said something like, "exactly, everything written by the band sucks, thats the only song I like.")

that everyone was listening to the music and turning themselves into walking advertisements because they thought it was cool.

That's like walking around with an alcohol shirt when you're a minor..... just to be cool.

Unfortunately, the same thing is happening with Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, John Lennon etc. It's no longer about the music, it's about what other people think is cool. For some reason, when I wear something that everyone else is, I feel like I have no individual thought process and unfortunately, it perverts my thoughts of others and my outlook of life, which is unfair, but still, I think my words speak some truth.

You know, it is possible to moderately like bands and not love them enough to want to talk subtleties, nuances and meanings (yes, even Opeth). Not every has to have a fanatical devotion to any band. Do you really care if the guy is a true fan or just thinks they're nice.
right on! Can I blow you?

I've got a Damnation longsleeve. Also a plain logo shirt, which I think might be unnofical. Also got the "Look Your Last Upon the Sun" patch on the back of my denim jacket, which currently needs a bit of attention cause my sewing is dire.

Ok lemme me see,

Blackwater Park Tour T-Shirt
Morningrise T-Shirt
Orchid T-Shirt
The Roundhouse Tapes T-Shirt
Ghost Reveries Tour T-Shirt (The one with the 5 guys on the front)

These are ones i've given away to a friend and/or my sister,

Long Sleeve Damnation Shirt
Ghost Reveries Hoodie
Ghost Reveries Tour T-Shirt (The one with the Opeth logo in gold on the front)
Still Life T-Shirt

Alright well....heres what I have.
-3 ghost reveries shirt shirts (2 album cover, one reverie/harlequin forest)
-Blackwater park shirt
-Ghost Reveries hoodie
-Watershed shirt
-one that says opeth on the front, band on the back

I got more but I can't remember, I am not at home atm so i can't check lol.

I was going to buy some merch at theove Festival, but since Mikael got sick, they didn't show up nor did theyir merch. Damn, now I have to order some.