Weirdest looking bands/musicians?

Not a metal musician but I felt inclined to post these:

Anna's old photos are great. Very morbid, dark, and full of mystique:
Sopor+Aeternus++The+Ensemble+of+Shadows.jpg

602px-Itm04.jpg

Then later came:
Sopor+Aeternus++The+Ensemble+of+Shadows.jpg

I'm not going to post any recent pics because they're just ridiculous looking. Probably the equivalent to a 60 year old man dressing up as a doll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well actually more along the lines of proving you wrong but okay. Which is the better band is still up for debate but Portal as musicians are way more talented.

Talented at what? Guitar shredding? Blastbeats? I really don't get how you've "proven" anything.

I feel you can either like Portal (which I do) or be completely indifferent to them.

I don't think you can Love or Hate them, it just goes against what they are.

They are not going to be understood (which is exactly what they want) because their music is like listening to NASA's forward radio scatter-meteor radar system at the Marshall Space Flight Center, interesting but not very enjoyable.

I see the "gimmick" costumes as an extension of the music.

^ That's really open to interpretation. I could easily say all Portal does is distort, strum and play fast; again that's too easy of an explanation.

My point was that Portal are eons ahead of The Residents when it comes to instrumental ability.

Not at all, death metal is pretty easy to play and write. The most difficult part for Portal is endurance. I'm not really a fan of either band but there's a lot more talent put into The Residents' music.

Not at all, death metal is pretty easy to play and write. The most difficult part for Portal is endurance. I'm not really a fan of either band but there's a lot more talent put into The Residents' music.

I'm not talking about death metal as a whole. I'm talking about Portal, and portal is way more technical than 95% of all death metal bands, even the shitty wank death ones.

Instrumental ability is only a small fraction of the talent a band can display in their music, and even within that subset only a tiny portion is the ability to play precisely at a really fast speed. Portal do not play with enough diversity to prove themselves "very instrumentally talented".

Monotonous dissonant atmosphere =/= no instrumental diversity
That is, unless you're talking about the amount of instruments they play.