Weirdest looking bands/musicians?

3540292784_photo.jpg

Hevisaurus wins the thread. :p
Hahaha me and my friends thought of going to go see them live just for the sake of it.

Portal is a bit of a different band in that I don't think their music can be properly enjoyed without knowing the horror novel aesthetics they go for. The music isn't just there to sound good, it is there to convey a specific mood of terror and dread, and they are incredible at creating that.

Udo doesn't look that weird to me, although that may be because he looks just like my grandfather with bleached hair.

Monotonous dissonant atmosphere

This is the one point that I hear many fans of Portal mention but I disagree. They do use moderately dissonant two string chords but the modes that the riffs are based around aren't actually very dissonant. With speed and heavy distortion however, it gives it a very dissonant sound. Musically though, not that dissonant.

Portal are really terrible. WoW

Honestly what the hell is that shit.

I feel you can either like Portal (which I do) or be completely indifferent to them.

I don't think you can Love or Hate them, it just goes against what they are.

They are not going to be understood (which is exactly what they want) because their music is like listening to NASA's forward radio scatter-meteor radar system at the Marshall Space Flight Center, interesting but not very enjoyable.

I see the "gimmick" costumes as an extension of the music.

My point was that Portal are eons ahead of The Residents when it comes to instrumental ability.

Portal is a bit of a different band in that I don't think their music can be properly enjoyed without knowing the horror novel aesthetics they go for. The music isn't just there to sound good, it is there to convey a specific mood of terror and dread, and they are incredible at creating that.

You tried to listen to it like you would listen to any other band. That's not how Portal works. You have to be in the right mood.

They certainly are not terrible.

How the fuck can a typical-sounding brutal/technical death metal band with a lead singer wearing a fucking mantel clock on his head be worshiped so pervasively? Is this for real, or just a genius case of team trolling? God damn, this is worse dick sucking fanboi-ism than a Burzum thread circa 1998.

I like Portal. Sorry though, the Residents are way better. Mort might appreciate that I found every single Residents LP from Duck Stab til like 81 at Dearborn music for under 5 bucks each bout a year ago. :D