What about most uplifting song you know?

@ Lucius - Wow I'm amazed, I've never heard that piece by Shawn and its beautiful. Now I understand his versatility.

@ Postmodernist - Nice posts man! Your contributions on this forum has seriously enriched me.

@ Kenneth - Congratulations!

@ Kenneth: Congrats for getting married and all the best :)

This is one of the most uplifting and touching songs I heard as of late. Just a bit of background, in case you haven't heard about this breakthrough success, in kind of a journalistic way: Susan is a 48 years old lady who lives in Scotland with Irish heritage from her parents. She showed up in a contest called "Britain's Got Talent" out of nowhere and when the audience/judges saw her, immediate signs of discredit and repudiation were evident due to her homely appearance. It didn't take longer than 5 seconds for everyone to be astonished and clapping on her. Her album is due to be publicly released today and for those like me, who happened to have read the entire page from Wikipedia on her... it's really one of the most wonderful stories of life. She had a dream and she conquered it. A great story and example to anyone, especially for someone who publicly assumes "never having been kissed".

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got most depressing already... what about cheerful?

Final chorus (in Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor) from Schiller's Ode to Joy, during Bernstein's live outdoor concert with the Berlin Philharmonic @ the official dismantling-celebration of the demise of the accursed Berlin Wall: Instead of "Freude," Bernstein craftily inserted "Freiheit." Magically uplifting IMHO.

And absolutely pure metal.

Freedom, friends. Friendly freedom.

FS

img0471e.jpg
iceland021.jpg
iceland121.jpg

Something like this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GbesR5AEM

Metal renditions of Ode To Joy are kinda endless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0C3RncsCPQ

Anton,

Thank You for your erudite video research. From the sublime to the whacked, you got 'em pegged! I'm also grateful for all those renditions of Ode to Joy: It's making me so happy on an icy day.

Given that it's Thanksgiving (Abraham Lincoln's idea; good in a thankless society, eh?), I must emphasize that I am very thankful for hangin' out, even though virtually for now, with kickbu** peeps like y'all.

Y'all Come Back Now, Y'Hear?

Kif Chalack? Tayeb! Marhaba, achui (dat thar right?).Hey, I remember s'more. There's hope. :loco:

FS

Ode to Joy- it's magic - can you find us a video of that?- the version you're talking about.

Anton beat me to it, my friend. I think I'll go turn the space-heater on--brrrr. Can you feel the warmth, all of you living in cold climes? Good.

Drat: My CD with the Bernstein outdoors concert @ the Wall is in storage, because I'm looking for a new home. Right now, don't have 1/3 the space I need.

Yes, those vids. And to think that Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827) wrote this work of stunning genius when he was entirely deaf.... Beethoven was a classical metal composer: He was clearly built out of pure steel. Legend has it that during his last minutes on earth, lying in his deathbed, there was a thunderstorm. He felt the thunder and saw the lightning and shook his fist in defiance at the sky! Is that not Metal?! RIP.

Be Good,

FiftyString (why not?)

Something like this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GbesR5AEM

Metal renditions of Ode To Joy are kinda endless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0C3RncsCPQ

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay! Oh, well, I have not found (yet) the outdoors concert. But that's okay for now, because the intrepid Anton's search yielded the third installment of the INDOOR 1989 Berlin Philharmonic performance of Ode to Joy.

YouTube seems to have three installments of the entire song with superb sound-fidelity. Must be Deutsche Grammophon.

So....here's # 2, the JOY ("Freude") PART! ===>

It starts with the bass (yay) singer chilling everyone out, like a good bassist should...well, a bass singer, at least. Then, he cranks up the dBs and sings/declares "Freiheit!" ("Freedom!") rather than the original "Freude!" ("Joy!"), with the entire orchestra, choirs, mezzo + soprano + tenor raising the roof with him (be patient, it builds up). It's beautiful, also to see an elderly Leonard Bernstein beaming like a young man in love: This is Joy!

HERE:

Bye for now,

FiveString

Last edited by a moderator: