What album has changed your life?

Symphony X's Live on the Edge of Forever.

It was the first SX disc I bought - and from the music I listened to then, and now, is a dramatic difference. Symphony X made me a better person , and showed me a culture i never knew existed. And for that I am eternally grateful

Stryper "The Yellow and Black Attack" - my first metal cd...the solo to Loud N Clear made me want to play guitar. Oz remains a favorite player of mine.

Yngwie Malmsteen "The Collection" - a friend of mine told me about Yngwie when I asked him who he thought was the best guitarist. I heard Far Beyond the Sun which redefined for me what the term virtuoso guitar meant. It is still my favorite instrumental. "Ill See the Light Tonight" really struck me as well.

Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy - first SyX cd I owned. From the very first song to the end, Michael Romeo and company once again raised the ante on what virtuoso playing is all about. Their successive cds have continued to blow me away.

Here are a few.

At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Marty Friedman - Dragon's Kiss/Scenes
Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait

My guitar teacher lent me a tape of Passion & Warfare by Steve Vai. I was blown away by how much better this guitar music is than the crap i was listening to then (Silverchair, Everclear, Nirvana, you get the point)
I then got into Satch, then DT, then Yngwie and power metal (which i despise now) , then SyX and progmetal, then Opeth and Death metal, now all this jazz and fusion.
So P&W did have a major impact of my life, not only because of its 'ownlyness', but also the world of music that it introduced me to.