What Anthrax is all about to me:

Joey's vocals are very reminiscent of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiM9QVdJyVQ&feature=related[/ame]

I don't think anyone here cares about popularity. Otherwise we'd all be poosting on the Taylor Swift forum.

apparently THIS:

and THIS:

are "numetal," by some people's standards here.

which would then mean that Anthrax were "numetal," before the word was even invented.

So you could actually say that Anthrax didn't sound like RATM, Korn and Limp Biscuit.... those bands tried sounding like Anthrax.

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently THIS:

and THIS:

are "numetal," by some people's standards here.

which would then mean that Anthrax were "numetal," before the word was even invented.

So you could actually say that Anthrax didn't sound like RATM, Korn and Limp Biscuit.... those bands tried sounding like Anthrax.

Rap Metal doesn't mean NU Metal to me. Nu metal is Korn type shit. And that is what WCFYA is loaded with. Korn Riffs, Godsmack Riffs, StaticX Riffs.

Rap/Metal is shit too. But yes at lest Anthrax was the first to do it and it was actually cool back then when they did it for a song or 2. But that never changed their studio albums it was something they did on the side.

If you don't hear the Nu Metal riffage on WCFYA I don't know what to tell you. I guess you haven't heard Korn before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rap Metal doesn't mean NU Metal to me. Nu metal is Korn type shit. And that is what WCFYA is loaded with. Korn Riffs, Godsmack Riffs, StaticX Riffs.

Rap/Metal is shit too. But yes at lest Anthrax was the first to do it and it was actually cool back then when they did it for a song or 2. But that never changed their studio albums it was something they did on the side.

If you don't hear the Nu Metal riffage on WCFYA I don't know what to tell you. I guess you haven't heard Korn before.

Korn ripped off Anthrax.........

Referring to me ot IMFAN? :)

I guess whoever thinks WCFYA sounds like Korn. I don't notice any similarity between the two. Granted, I just picked two random songs, so maybe someone can post a side by side comparison showing how Korn sounds like anything from the WCFYA record. :popcorn:

Ok, I get the similarity between the main riff in these two songs. I guess all I can say is that I'm sorry you've listened to enough Korn to know this off the top of your head. However, I like the Anthrax song a little bit (Superhero is one of my least favorites on WCFYA) whereas I don't like the Korn song at all. Why? Similar riff notwithstanding, they don't sound the same. Not to me anyway, but I don't work in the music industry, so maybe I don't notice these things as readily as you.

Ok, I get the similarity between the main riff in these two songs. I guess all I can say is that I'm sorry you've listened to enough Korn to know this off the top of your head.

Exactly what I thought. While I have "heard" of Korn, I never listened to a full song of theirs. Maybe IMF09 is a closeted Numetal fan, and all this bashing of Bushthrax is really a subtle reverse-psychology move on his part.....who knows? He loves Korn and Bushthrax! Case closed.