What Anthrax is all about to me:

Like what, seriously? What is it in your mind that WCFYA has in common with nu metal?

Just about every riff in every song is nu metal sounding. You could transfer half of the riffs to a Korn album or Godsmack album and they would fit in perfectly.

There is almost ZERO similarity to WCFYA to anything pre-bush era. And almost ZERO similarity to anything Pantera has ever done, not quite sure what you are smoking

Just about every riff in every song is nu metal sounding. You could transfer half of the riffs to a Korn album or Godsmack album and they would fit in perfectly.

You didn't answer the question, you just rhymed off a bunch of shit as usual. What makes it nu-metal?

Yeah. they were.

They went downhill album after album

But you have to remember that when you start with a masterpiece, there's only one way after that: down. Pantera was a victim of their own greatness, they made an album so good that there was no way they could ever top that. So, although I love every Pantera album, there's no denying it: After Metal Magic it was downhill for the rest of their career.

(Every pun intended)

WCFYA is now Nu Metal sounding.
Ah man. I've heard it all now.

I think someone need to sit & re listen to every single song from Stomp, v8 & WCFYA..and then only come in here & talk some sense. You know how that someone keep on harping that some of us need to re listen to some real heavy album so that WE can understand him.

Nu metal? Schnu metal? baahhh...its still rock and roll to me

Clean the shit out your ears Maidenboy, your so busy bashing these albums you didnt take the time to listen to them properly.

I have listened to them plenty. Even gone back an tried again and again.

So for the third time.

What is different between the riffs of these songs? one from Korn one from Anthrax

Last edited by a moderator:
I have listened to them plenty. Even gone back an tried again and again.

So for the third time.

What is different between the riffs of these songs? one from Korn one from Anthrax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_YOjvZRggo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJuSQR3bv9M

First of all, the similarities between those two riffs are small, but most importantly, if they were very similar that doesn't change the musical genre of the anthrax song. I'm stll very anxious to hear your break down of the WCFYA album and what are its elements of Nu Metal. Sorry dude but "the riffs sound like Korn and Godsmack" isn't good enough. You seem to be the kind of person that talks a lot but never really says much.
If you want to throw out statements like WCFYA is influenced by NuMetal, then back it up with facts. Similar riffs is a stupid argument. If I'm throwing Pantera in the mix its because they also use similar riffs. They are called Metal riffs.
If you want to start reclassifying things in your own head, nobody can stop you, but keep it to yourself.

First of all, the similarities between those two riffs are small, If you want to throw out statements like WCFYA is influenced by NuMetal, then back it up with facts. Similar riffs is a stupid argument.

LOL posting songs by nu metal bands that have the same sound as Anthrax on WCFYA is not good enough? It is all about the music right? What else do you possibly want? Verbal descriptions of how it sounds like that Korn song? If you can't hear that Korn and Anthrax have the same riff going on there then you are obviously not a rational person and going any further with this discussion is completely pointless. If you can admit that those two riffs are very similar in style then maybe we can continue on this debate, if not you are just simply deaf and there isn't much else i can say or do here.

Anthrax to me is an awful lot. I've been listening since about 1989 with I'm the man the first thing I ever heard. Copied that EP from this other dorky kid I was in band with who thought he was always better than me. Whatever. I adopted Anthrax as "my" band. Everyone else loved Metallica's black album, or Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Not this kid. I was still banging away to Anthrax and Persistence of Time, or Iron Maiden. In my circle I was the Anthrax fan. it was different, and groundbreaking. My sisters and my parents, ask them to this day and they all know the name Anthrax is my favorite band.

I got SOWN right out of high school. Loved it too. Wore that out. Took Anthrax and my other tapes to Saudi Arabia with me. All those poor bastards had to listen to before I showed up was the Gin Blossoms. Threw that shit right out the window on the highway and gave them Anthrax, Metallica, Life of Agony and other bands. Got home in early November 95, back all busted up, and picked up Stomp 442. Loved it. Still do. Got the Black Lodge Maxi Single. loved that as well. Anthrax to me was the music of my life. All the crap I went through, the music was there to keep me from doing something really stupid. All the times I got bullied, insulted, picked on, I could turn to the music to get the anger and frustration out without harm to myself or anyone else. Anthrax has always been an outlet, and will be well into the future. I share my love of metal and rock with my kids. My second son, he gets it. He loves it. Mom's Christian music is okay, but he loves to bang his head to Anthrax and Iron Maiden. My daughter she loves AC/DC, especially Whole Lotta Rosie and Anthrax too. My oldest son adopted "Poison my Eyes as his own". My 5 year old knows Anthrax as "Dad's kick butt music". Anthrax has been in my ears through all sorts of times in my life. From long days of cutting down trees to keep our little shack warm, to the long commutes in the car I used to endure. Cleaning the house to Anthrax made it smell and look that much better.

Call me what you want, but the guys no matter who played what instrument have been there for me since 1989. For that I say thank you. And you bet your ass I will be the first guy in my town with the first copy of Worship Music, rocking into the next decade.

Anthrax to me is an awful lot. I've been listening since about 1989 with I'm the man the first thing I ever heard. Copied that EP from this other dorky kid I was in band with who thought he was always better than me. Whatever. I adopted Anthrax as "my" band. Everyone else loved Metallica's black album, or Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Not this kid. I was still banging away to Anthrax and Persistence of Time, or Iron Maiden. In my circle I was the Anthrax fan. it was different, and groundbreaking. My sisters and my parents, ask them to this day and they all know the name Anthrax is my favorite band.

I got SOWN right out of high school. Loved it too. Wore that out. Took Anthrax and my other tapes to Saudi Arabia with me. All those poor bastards had to listen to before I showed up was the Gin Blossoms. Threw that shit right out the window on the highway and gave them Anthrax, Metallica, Life of Agony and other bands. Got home in early November 95, back all busted up, and picked up Stomp 442. Loved it. Still do. Got the Black Lodge Maxi Single. loved that as well. Anthrax to me was the music of my life. All the crap I went through, the music was there to keep me from doing something really stupid. All the times I got bullied, insulted, picked on, I could turn to the music to get the anger and frustration out without harm to myself or anyone else. Anthrax has always been an outlet, and will be well into the future. I share my love of metal and rock with my kids. My second son, he gets it. He loves it. Mom's Christian music is okay, but he loves to bang his head to Anthrax and Iron Maiden. My daughter she loves AC/DC, especially Whole Lotta Rosie and Anthrax too. My oldest son adopted "Poison my Eyes as his own". My 5 year old knows Anthrax as "Dad's kick butt music". Anthrax has been in my ears through all sorts of times in my life. From long days of cutting down trees to keep our little shack warm, to the long commutes in the car I used to endure. Cleaning the house to Anthrax made it smell and look that much better.

Call me what you want, but the guys no matter who played what instrument have been there for me since 1989. For that I say thank you. And you bet your ass I will be the first guy in my town with the first copy of Worship Music, rocking into the next decade.

Great read!.....and you have stuck by them bro..............

Right on! :devil:

That's what some are hoping for :tickled:

Not me. I would very much like to kick him in the fuckin' balls (repeatedly)for the Nu-Metal retardedness but I am still glad he posts here. I love Bush era Anthrax but I was a fan since the mid eighties, so I still have a lot of love for the Joey stuff, even though I'm not exited about the reunion.
Anyway, Maidenboy is indeed passionate (or pushy) and I respect that, even if it's annoying 90% of the time. (and it REALLY is)
I would honestly rather argue with him then read a bunch of posts like "Anthrax is awesome" and "Yeah, Anthrax rules" and "Yo, everything Anthrax does kicks ass!"
P.S. WCFYA isn't even close to Nu-Metal so fuck off!