What Anthrax is all about to me:

I think what is meant by WCFYA sounding like nu-metal (whether or not parts of it sound exactly like a Korn song) is that it has that bouncy, bro-core/mainstream metal kind of vibe to it. I don't really know how else to explain it. I guess almost in a way it's kinda like what Sepultura did with Roots, but newer. I've tried listening to this record several times and I have to turn it off halfway through. Joey will always be the man and Worship Music is going to be epic.

I think what is meant by WCFYA sounding like nu-metal (whether or not parts of it sound exactly like a Korn song) is that it has that bouncy, bro-core/mainstream metal kind of vibe to it. I don't really know how else to explain it. I guess almost in a way it's kinda like what Sepultura did with Roots, but newer. I've tried listening to this record several times and I have to turn it off halfway through. Joey will always be the man and Worship Music is going to be epic.

Pretty much. I have never heard the term 'bro core' before lol but I may have to use that one. I have given WCFYA many tries but I just can't do it. Even after reading this thread I went back and put it in and really don't know how people can honestly say this is a 'return to form' etc etc. Eddie Trunk calls it 'incredible' etc. But to each their own. I hope worship music is epic but not overly confident it will be. They sure are doing a good job with the hype on it though.

I liked Korn for a month maybe when I was 17. Only thing that got me turned on to them was a freckly faced braces wearing slut in school. I threw away my piece of shit Korn cd after she stopped blowing my whistle.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, we're comparing Bush era Anthrax to Korn and Nu-metal because of an almost undistinguishable similarity in a guitar riff? Dude come on, you look desperate! You hear similarities like this all the time.

It's more in the formula and nature of the riffs, rather than a riff-to-riff comparison. WCFYA just features very percussive, stop-start, low register guitar riffs

WCFYA just features very percussive, stop-start, low register guitar riffs

Oh, you mean like this very popular Nu-metal band.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7njvwB-Ks&feature=relmfu[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk&feature=relmfu[/ame]

There's obviously a nu-metal influence on WCFYA, Anthrax were constantly trying to jump trends. Listen to that 'river of blood' section on What Doesn't Die, definately trying to go for a Slipknot sound there.

Anyone who compares Anthrax, at any point in their musical catalog, to "numetal," has zero fucking credibility when it comes to discussing music. Because you have proved that you are a fucking moron.

That is a real mature answer. WCFYA has a very strong Nu Metal influence on it. There is no way around it. Maybe that hits a nerve with you as your coveted Bush album is getting labeled Nu Metal and you feel you need to lash out at everyone that see's the obvious. But you are actually the moron for not being able to see the strong Nu Metal influence on that entire album. Every band in that time period bit it Soulfly, Slayer, Machine Head, Anthrax they all put aspects of Nu Metal into their music as that is what was 'cool' at the time. So don't take it so personally. WCFYA just happened to be almost ALL Nu Metal.

After "What Doesn't Die" ends there are not many songs that don't have the Nu Metal influence on them. Even "What Doesn't Die" has the Nu Metal Choruses.

And who ever is comparing WCFYA to Pantera needs to just stop lol give me a break :D:D

WCFYA has a very strong Nu Metal influence on it.

Isn't it amazing how you keep saying the same thing over and over and yet it is no more true then it was the first time. What changed anyway, there was a time you repeatedly insisted it was Groove Rock, and not Metal at all.
kredəˈbilitē ............get some!

Isn't it amazing how you keep saying the same thing over and over and yet it is no more true then it was the first time. What changed anyway, there was a time you repeatedly insisted it was Groove Rock, and not Metal at all.
kredəˈbilitē ............get some!

It's amazing how much denial you are in and can't seem to accept the fact that WCFYA is Nu Metal influenced.