What are the bandmembers' Christian denomination/tradition/philosophy?

Ive just been to churches where they have had man made "set rules" and i think its foolish, for instance they look down on men for having longer hair, or i dont wear a suit and tie, or my wifes hair is too short. not saying to look scrubby or dress like a hooker, just small things that dont make any sence to me.

All rules are. lol And I love dressing like a hooker, that's all.

Ive just been to churches where they have had man made "set rules" and i think its foolish, for instance they look down on men for having longer hair, or i dont wear a suit and tie, or my wifes hair is too short. not saying to look scrubby or dress like a hooker, just small things that dont make any sence to me.

I'm with you on that one, in my country these kind of traditions/'set rules' tore a lot of denominations apart, which is sad I think. Besides, I prefer being dressed in church as myself, rather than someone I'm not.;)

Really? You two are serious? That actually happens?
I'm Catholic so I won't judge, but seriously, no one has ever deemed someone unworthy of attending church for having long hair, not to mention women having tomboy haircuts.
I won't even comment on the suit and tie thing.

Really? You two are serious? That actually happens?
I'm Catholic so I won't judge, but seriously, no one has ever deemed someone unworthy of attending church for having long hair, not to mention women having tomboy haircuts.
I won't even comment on the suit and tie thing.
I think you'd be shocked by a lot of what Paul writes in the NT. I agree, men and women shouldn't be looked down on for their hair just by nature of it being "Wrong", but keep in mind that your appearance is a reflection of God.

I think you'd be shocked by a lot of what Paul writes in the NT. I agree, men and women shouldn't be looked down on for their hair just by nature of it being "Wrong", but keep in mind that your appearance is a reflection of God.

Inner appearance* I'd like to think so.
I know there's a lot of things which the NT or OT don't approve of which we do every day but if you focus on long hair or working on Sundays instead of actually helping others what's the point in following Christ?

666 on Christmas... Well I needed to end it somehow :p

But then again I could delete this post and create a new account... :devil:

Back on topic. :)
Judging from the content of the songs,
it seems like protestant Christianity.
This is of course, my opinion. I do not claim to be a professional on religion in any way. Catholics, please jump in if I'm wrong.
I don't hear any references to Saints, Mary, the Pope, Purgatory, losing salvation, the seven sacraments.

And since the recent "Nailed" is very much about Martin Luther and his departure from the Catholic church, lets go with protestantism.

As far as what denomination...that would be impossible to deduce unless they just told us. Plus it doesn't really matter. There are sooooooo many little tiny differences between all the bunches of "sects" of Protestant Christianity.
Plus they could be all from different denoms. Which would make Theocracy a giant melting pot of denominations. So let's just call it non-denominational, Protestant Christianity. ha.

But, their music is for EVERYONE! :headbang:

Yeah I think someone mentioned that Matt went to a church which favors no denomination so basically the band is Christian in general.

Just a thought: we're drawing conclusions based on lyrics, which are written by one person. The band is made up of 5 people. Don't be surprised if there is more diversity among "the band" on this topic than is apparent from the lyrics.

Regardless, since the band hasn't jumped into this thread/topic (aside from Shawn dipping his toe in), I think it's safe to say they've chosen not to discuss it, which I think is actually smart.

Yeah I think someone mentioned that Matt went to a church which favors no denomination so basically the band is Christian in general.

Oh... but do you recall a song called "NAILED"? And... the interview that mentioned it?

Luther himself wasn't necessarily a good person. He most certainly had his faults.

I was going to expand more on the matter, but I couldn't figure out how to word it without sounding arrogant. Sorry, I have a bit of a communication problem. :(