What are the differences between Thrash and Death Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demilich said:
'trousers' and 'pants' are both funny sounding words.

coincidence? i think not!

What? Trousers isn't a funny word! In fact, it's one of the most ordinary words ever. If I were to make a file of all the words and put the most ordinary ones at the front and the least ordinary at the back, trousers would be about 1/5th from the front.

Necuratul said:
I don't remember hearing any blastbeats in Carnage or Brutality. In fact, most Swedish and Finnish Death Metal is nearly entirely devoid of blastbeats, and that's how I like it.

I think their might be a blast beat or almost one in brutality 'crushed' during the middle. Other than that I don't think they use blasts. That's probably the fastest coker has played.

I agree on that statement btw.

Killbot said:
What? Trousers isn't a funny word! In fact, it's one of the most ordinary words ever. If I were to make a file of all the words and put the most ordinary ones at the front and the least ordinary at the back, trousers would be about 1/5th from the front.

Trousers is hilarious espcially when said in a british accent. :kickass:

"I say old bean, be a chap and put on your trousers" as opposed to the good ol' US of A. "Put on some pants you asshole"

Necuratul said:
I don't remember hearing any blastbeats in Carnage or Brutality. In fact, most Swedish and Finnish Death Metal is nearly entirely devoid of blastbeats, and that's how I like it.

QFT.

OLD SKOOL > NEW SKOOL DM.:kickass:

cookiecutter said:
I prefer newer death metal but I love it all :kickass:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET OUT. Other boards I go to don't even CONSIDER that new kind of shit Death Metal at all. Placing technicality above songwriting is the death of music in general. Which is why I sold my Decapitated CDs.

I definitely prefer old-school death metal over new death metal but there are some really good new old-school sounding death metal on razorback records like Frightmare, Blood Freak, and Ghoul.

Meh, I like a decent balance of new school and old school. I can easily hop from an Entombed record to Spawn of Possession, and from there to Possessed, then to Gorod.

It's fucking retarded as far as I'm concerned. Their best by far was their fucking demos.

Necuratul said:
It's fucking retarded as far as I'm concerned. Their best by far was their fucking demos.

You honestly think that? Wow.

Personally, I like Winds of Creation most, but Nihility is a fucking greeeeeeeeeeat album. One of my favourite of the newer style DM albums.

Organic Hallucinosis, after a slow start, is also starting to get serious listens too.

im the converse - i like winds of creation, but prefer nihility. beats the hell out of most newer death metal, and is quite clever in its riff structures and rhythms. it has a pretty insane sort of feel, largely captured by the song spheres of madness.

Strangely enough, Decapitated (except for their newest, which I have not heard) sound like a more technical version of Vader to me, and Vader are defintely an old school dm band, having formed in the 1980s. I remember back when Entombed and Dismember were still on their first one or two albums, and I thought that their guitar sound sounded so modern.

Life Sucks said:
Strangely enough, Decapitated (except for their newest, which I have not heard) sound like a more technical version of Vader to me, and Vader are defintely an old school dm band, having formed in the 1980s. I remember back when Entombed and Dismember were still on their first one or two albums, and I thought that their guitar sound sounded so modern.

In terms of sound mate, Vader isn't really old school at all, save perhaps the Ultimate Incantation.

Carcassian said:
In terms of sound mate, Vader isn't really old school at all, save perhaps the Ultimate Incantation.
You're right. The only element of their sound that is old school is the clear Morbid Angel influence. And The Ultimate Incantation is definitley old school.

Well, their newest shit like "an art of war" is definately not an old school. However..........

Status
Not open for further replies.