What are the Thrax boys up to right now??

SCott308 said:
Yeah, but when he was touring with S.O.D. a few years back, he said that he would quit before playing Harpo's again. Obviously, his dislike for the venue didn't cause him to go that far. I can't see them skipping Detroit. Maybe they could play St. Andrews or the I-Rock. The State Theater would be great. Hell, they could even play the State Fairgrounds. I saw Pantera there one winter.

Scott
The band really doesn't have the ultimate say in where they play. The booking agents get you in what venues are available when you are in the area. They work with the promoters in getting bands to venues and cities that work well though. Anthrax have on some Detroit stops played different venues like St. Andrews and Mt. Clemens, but they must always draw better at Harpos, because that is where they almost always wind up going.

TD said:
The band really doesn't have the ultimate say in where they play. The booking agents get you in what venues are available when you are in the area. They work with the promoters in getting bands to venues and cities that work well though. Anthrax have on some Detroit stops played different venues like St. Andrews and Mt. Clemens, but they must always draw better at Harpos, because that is where they almost always wind up going.

I don't know about that. Harpo's was a shitty draw this time, so much so that we were embarrased. Plus the owner loads up on local bands. Anthrax was the seventh band to take the stage that night. Thay started at 6:15, that makes for a long night. The State is in a MUUUCCHH better hood, better sound, better everything. Even St Andrews is in a better hood. I gotta believe that Harpos just charges the least, cuz Scott wouldn't play there if he didn't have to , and ticket prices are lower at venues like that. You know he concerns himself with details like that, even though most of us would pay more to see them play.

I hate the place Jaxx where they're playing at in the DC metro area. It has a reputation in this town of being a place where "hair" bands go to die. And worst of all, the DC Metro area is a huge market. It has everyone in DC, Northern Va and Maryland. It's like a compact tri-state area. People in Bethesda Maryland have no clue where Springfield, Va is. Even though it's only 20-30 minutes diving distance. And Vice Versa. I can think of a million examples of this dilemna. Jaxx never draws big crowds. Rarely. People just assume that it's in bumfuck va even though it's only 10-15 minutes from the city. Anthrax should always play in the City. Go back to the 9:30 club or Nation or something. Maybe even the Black Cat. But Jaxx. geez. They would have had a better time at the State Theater in Falls Church. This Jaxx show is one Anthrax show that even though I'm going, I'm not exactly looking forward to it too much because of where they are playing. I'm gonna have to street team the fuck out of this show.

AlexStomp said:
I hate the place Jaxx where they're playing at in the DC metro area. It has a reputation in this town of being a place where "hair" bands go to die. And worst of all, the DC Metro area is a huge market. It has everyone in DC, Northern Va and Maryland. It's like a compact tri-state area. People in Bethesda Maryland have no clue where Springfield, Va is. Even though it's only 20-30 minutes diving distance. And Vice Versa. I can think of a million examples of this dilemna. Jaxx never draws big crowds. Rarely. People just assume that it's in bumfuck va even though it's only 10-15 minutes from the city. Anthrax should always play in the City. Go back to the 9:30 club or Nation or something. Maybe even the Black Cat. But Jaxx. geez. They would have had a better time at the State Theater in Falls Church. This Jaxx show is one Anthrax show that even though I'm going, I'm not exactly looking forward to it too much because of where they are playing. I'm gonna have to street team the fuck out of this show.

Is the Jaxx really that bad? I will be there for the show. It will be my first time there. I was going to see Overkill there, but that fell through.

Chris528 said:
Is the Jaxx really that bad? I will be there for the show. It will be my first time there. I was going to see Overkill there, but that fell through.

It's not the venue itself that sucks. It's the location. No one really knows where it is. Meaning your casual Anthrax fan probably wouldn't consider going to an Anthrax show on a Monday night in a town they're not familiar with too much.

The place itself is..well...let's just say intimate. It's a bar. I grew up 2 minutes from it and I've seen this place morph a million times with different ownerships.

AlexStomp said:
People just assume that it's in bumfuck va even though it's only 10-15 minutes from the city...........I'm gonna have to street team the fuck out of this show.

You could print up some maps to the venue and put them up with the flyers.

Alex: that is the same kind of stigma that is attached to the shithole Alrosa Villa that Anthrax played in Columbus. I wish they would have played the Newport Music Hall - it's just a more regal, classier venue. I found out that Anthrax would have played there, but it was closed for 3 weeks in August for renovation, so that made me feel better.

TD said:
Alex: that is the same kind of stigma that is attached to the shithole Alrosa Villa that Anthrax played in Columbus. I wish they would have played the Newport Music Hall - it's just a more regal, classier venue. I found out that Anthrax would have played there, but it was closed for 3 weeks in August for renovation, so that made me feel better.
You

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this leg o

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this leg of the tour and

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this leg of the tour and play

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this leg of the tour and play the

TD said:
You know what that means, right? It means they must come back this leg of the tour and play the correct venue.