What are you listening to lately?

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Rhe tinnitus in my brain.

Those are not Ultima Thule albums, but other bands with a similar style.

oh sorry my bad hehe, ok i'll check the others out.

Blutaar: hey yeah Fjed is pretty cool. :)
some good bands i like arent really bands, they are artists. For example James Graham is pretty cool scottish folk. his stuff is really hard to find, its a cyber friend who sent some stuff to me. Also Julie Fowlis plays some scottish folk as well, her material is easier to find.
i mostly just download on soulseek some folk, but there rarely is any particular band. for example some songs are just called "icelandic folk".. so i can't really tell you many names of bands, its just random stuff that i appreciate.

A classical swedish album is Jan Johansson's "Jazz på Svensla", an album in which a swedish piano player made "jazzed-up" versions of some swedish folk songs. what Jazz means here is essentially the instruments - piano and contra-base, the mood - which is mellow like jazz (but that doesn't matter much as the songs are already melancholic) and the occasional jazz chord on the piano.

Church of Misery - "Master of Brutality"
Disembowelment - "Dusk"

pain of salvation - remedy lane, one hour by the concrete lake & the perfect element part 1. (fantastic what these guys do.. )
soundgarden - badmotorfinger
forefather - Ours is the Kingdom
Moonsorrow - verisakeet

and for the rest a lot of: AA, Falkenbach, Thyrfing, Ancient Rites (every day i like them more), Einherjer, Manegarm.. etc etc.

I got a hold of Scar Symmetry's new album. Its pretty damn good i think. I haven't really been a big fan of clean vocals, but these guys make it sound good to me

Blutaar said:
Vader - Litany
Belphegor - Goatreich - Fleshcult

Yeah, that album of Belphegor is really great. Supulture of Hypocrisy.. a song which is slow, heavy and original.. Like that one.. best number of the cd i think.