What are you listening to?

I've been hankering for a new acoustic guitar, but I can't get it until we get through this year's taxes. So I've been consoling myself by tuning my old acoustic to DADGAD and messing around with that and listening to a bunch of Zeppelin's folkier songs. I've always thought that Zep was good, but the older I get, the more I appreciate just how talented they were.

Despite the mellow mood, however, I'm really quite excited to hear that Ereb Altor is releasing an album of Bathory covers in a couple weeks to coincide with what would be Quorthon's 50th birthday. They really give the songs the sort of grandeur they deserve. This is some epic-ass shit.

Louhi does not like Skuggsjá or Wardruna. She stalks into the room whenever they come on the stereo and stares daggers at the speakers whenever the goat horn sounds.

There must be something about its frequency, I've noticed it to catch the attention of my feline overlords as well. Fortunately they don't mind it too much, they just look up briefly when it sets in and then return to minding their own business. :D

Looks like it won't be here in the next 8-10 days, according to the distributor. No point in ordering it from somewhere else - it's not gonna arrive faster and I am not willing to pay €10 for shipping. I'll just wait.

Trúbrot - Lifun, which by the way must be one of the heaviest pieces of vinyl in my collection despite containing only 33 minutes of music and not even metal at that. ;) There was a three-hour special on the radio today to commemorate the 45th anniversary of this album, which I had the pleasure to see performed live in its entirety last summer (although only one original member was on stage). I don't listen to 70s prog as often as I used to, but the beauty of this stuff is still timeless, and the old hippie in me has never died in the first place...

180 degrees from Trúbrot, I'm listening to Amon Amarth's Jomsviking. :headbang:

Amon Amarth...man, I tell you. I have no idea how they manage to keep from being clichéd, but, against all odds, they do.

You make me weep... Amon Amarth played a record release gig in my hometown last night. I waited for 2 weeks for the ticket sale to start and then it was sold out within bloody 3 hours while I was stuck at work. :yell:

That's what I'm listening to right now. Hexvessel from Finland. Stumbled over them by accident. They'll play in Berlin tomorrow evening and the tickets were so ridiculously cheap I thought I'd give them a try.

Textures. Because they're supporting Amorphis at the gig in Sofia on Saturday (there's some other band as well - Poem, or whatever, but I'm not bothering with them because I have a deep personal dislike for all things Greek, except the olives).
So, apparently Textures use the font from "The Matrix" and sound like Tesseract.