What Are Your Top 10 Symphony X Songs?

Also, I think I speak for everyone looking at all these posts when I say TiO is their weakest album by far...I think there are only really 2 great songs on it :(

I love TIO. I listen to it the most, actually. I am in awe of the DWOT album but I listen to it the least, for example. With Symphony X, there's something for everyone, so if you don't like TIO, no prob, but there are many who do.

1. The Turning
2. Wicked
2. Fallen
3. Egypt
4. Lady Of The Snow
5. The Oddyssey
6. Evolution - The Grand Design
7. The ENTIRE Paradise Lost Album
8. The ENTIRE Odyssey Album
9. The Entire "V" Album
10. The entire Symphony X Catalog with Russel on Vox.

I think I speak for everyone looking at all these posts when I say TiO is their weakest album by far...I think there are only really 2 great songs on it :(

Oh, I disagree, big time. I think it is far stronger than the s/t and Damnation Game. Smoke, Church, and Looking Glass are excellent songs, and I feel that Relic and Orion are strongly underrated. I've never cared much for Lady of the Snow, though. Also, considering how the band had to practically rush this album, I'd say it's damn good.

1. The Turning
2. Wicked
2. Fallen
3. Egypt
4. Lady Of The Snow
5. The Oddyssey
6. Evolution - The Grand Design
7. The ENTIRE Paradise Lost Album
8. The ENTIRE Odyssey Album
9. The Entire "V" Album
10. The entire Symphony X Catalog with Russel on Vox.

Haha way to narrow it down deductively. :lol:

Haha way to narrow it down deductively. :lol:

Well its true.

Scary part is I am a guitar player and its not the guitar playing that drew me to SX. It was the Vocals. the guy is just a friggin beast. Ill never forget when they had that canceld show back in San Antonio cause Blind Guardian were morons and plugged an amp into a 220 outlet and killed the power in the club.

Well Russel and Mike invited everyone from the show out to have mexican food at this killer little restaurant. It was killer. I wish i still had the photos :(

But everything Russell touches is gold. I love his solo album. Hes got the best voice in metal next to Jorn imho. Jorn is just god though nowadays ... lol

I think I speak for everyone looking at all these posts when I say TiO is their weakest album by far...I think there are only really 2 great songs on it

I stand corrected..it seems many people LOVE the TiO album; to each his own I guess. Hell, maybe it'll grow on me eventually...at first I HATED Church of the Machine b/c the chorus annoyed the piss out of me, now it's my favorite song on the album. Also...when I first heard Ttlg I had originally heard Divine Wings and the Odyssey (the songs) before hand so I was expecting it to be of that caliber. IMO not quite as great but a great song nonetheless now. I'll give it some time...

Anyway, my top ten are:

1. DWOT
2. The Odyssey
3. Communion and the Oracle
4. Looking Glass
5. The Edge of Forever
6. Revelation
7. Paradise Lost
8. Babylon
9. Church of the Machine
10. The Accolade
11. Fool's Paradise

Ok, 11. But I really do love all the songs and all the albums.

Nope, I love TIO. Especially Church of The Machine, Through the Looking Glass, The Relic, Orion The Hunter and Lady of The Snow. I just might like it more than V for example.

OH YEAH TIO is an underrated album by far. This album is their most PROGRESSIVE to date. Almost every song is over 6 minutes long and some of the guitar and keyboard solos are just plain sick and domineering(i.e. Orion The Hunter).

Deja' vu. Seems like I answered a similar post some time back, but it could have been in another forum. Oh, well, here goes anyway, I never get tired of talking about this band:

Fallen - I occasionally make a compilation CD of my favorites. The reason I keep doing this is because as I add to my collection, I get more favorites, so I have to make new CD's. Fallen is always on every one I make. I like this the best of every song they've EVER done. The intro just makes me want to bang my head against the wall. It's THAT good.

Wicked - Russell Allen's vocals on this song are eerie, haunting, just kick-butt fabulous. And that one part near the end where he's accapella yelling out the prolonged ending of one word (sorry, don't know the location on the track of it), I just hold my breath every time. I'm in love with this man's voice. This song is one reason why.

Eve of Seduction - see a pattern here? I love the heavy stuff, not much into the light proggy-sounding stuff. Cool riffs.

Set the World on Fire - I have been to two concerts on this PL tour and when the intro is done and they get into this song, I'm already hyperventilating. The buildup to the meat of it is ambrosial. Video is way cool.

Serpent's Kiss - There is a guitar solo on there that makes my head spin every time I hear it. Once again, I hold my breath while it's playing. I can't tell you where it is; seems like it's five minutes in, but I"m not sure, but it's after the soft choir part. Love the video, too.

Paradise Lost - Also a smoking guitar solo on here that rocks my world. And yea, this is more soft, but there are parts that melt your face, too. Adore this track.

Revelation - see another pattern? A few from PL. Best CD ever recorded on earth, bar none. Another rockin' tune, and the vocals slay me. I met and talked to RA once at one of the concerts and promptly forgot my name and what planet I was on.

Orion - no need to explain.

Pharoah - RA strikes again with his growly throaty genius.

I could go on and on, but one strange choice is Candlelight Fantasia, and I dont' know why I even like that. My guess is that it shows the incredible range of Russ Allen's voice. This guy is so awesome, the English language does not suffice.

Deja' vu. Seems like I answered a similar post some time back, but it could have been in another forum. Oh, well, here goes anyway, I never get tired of talking about this band:

Fallen - I occasionally make a compilation CD of my favorites. The reason I keep doing this is because as I add to my collection, I get more favorites, so I have to make new CD's. Fallen is always on every one I make. I like this the best of every song they've EVER done. The intro just makes me want to bang my head against the wall. It's THAT good.

Wicked - Russell Allen's vocals on this song are eerie, haunting, just kick-butt fabulous. And that one part near the end where he's accapella yelling out the prolonged ending of one word (sorry, don't know the location on the track of it), I just hold my breath every time. I'm in love with this man's voice. This song is one reason why.

Eve of Seduction - see a pattern here? I love the heavy stuff, not much into the light proggy-sounding stuff. Cool riffs.

Set the World on Fire - I have been to two concerts on this PL tour and when the intro is done and they get into this song, I'm already hyperventilating. The buildup to the meat of it is ambrosial. Video is way cool.

Serpent's Kiss - There is a guitar solo on there that makes my head spin every time I hear it. Once again, I hold my breath while it's playing. I can't tell you where it is; seems like it's five minutes in, but I"m not sure, but it's after the soft choir part. Love the video, too.

Paradise Lost - Also a smoking guitar solo on here that rocks my world. And yea, this is more soft, but there are parts that melt your face, too. Adore this track.

Revelation - see another pattern? A few from PL. Best CD ever recorded on earth, bar none. Another rockin' tune, and the vocals slay me. I met and talked to RA once at one of the concerts and promptly forgot my name and what planet I was on.

Orion - no need to explain.

Pharoah - RA strikes again with his growly throaty genius.

I could go on and on, but one strange choice is Candlelight Fantasia, and I dont' know why I even like that. My guess is that it shows the incredible range of Russ Allen's voice. This guy is so awesome, the English language does not suffice.

I think Orion has a solo section that goes on a bit too long, but the rest is really good. Same with Pharaoh - the middle section just goes on for too long!

How do you feel about other heavy stuff like Domination and Walls of Babylon?

What's so funny?

I don't know why my heart keeps calling,
but I really don't want you to stay
I have my reasons to keep from falling
then cast me into shades of gray

That`s what people usually find funny :saint:

Anyway, best parts are pointed out:

Lady of the Snow --> yeah, not heavy, but this just blows me away
Candlelight Phantasia
TDWOT --> The End lol
Dressed To Kill
The Edge of Forever
Sacrifice
Awakenings --> 6:23 :D
Smoke and Mirrors
Orion The Hunter --> 4:15 :D

These are just a few

Constantly updated list:

1. Through the Looking Glass
2. Revelation (Divus Pennae ex tragodiea)
3. Divine Wings of Tragedy
4. The Edge of Forever
5. Communion and the Oracle
6. Wicked
7. Fallen
8. The Accolade
9. Paradise Lost
10. Bird Serpant War / Cataclysm

I don't know why my heart keeps calling,
but I really don't want you to stay
I have my reasons to keep from falling
then cast me into shades of gray

That`s what people usually find funny :saint:

Anyway, best parts are pointed out:

Lady of the Snow --> yeah, not heavy, but this just blows me away
Candlelight Phantasia
TDWOT --> The End lol
Dressed To Kill
The Edge of Forever
Sacrifice
Awakenings --> 6:23 :D
Smoke and Mirrors
Orion The Hunter --> 4:15 :D

These are just a few

Oh man, there's a bridge thing in that song that confuses the hell out of me. "I'll see it through..." weirdest and most unsatisfying transition ever.