What are your top 5 female led metal lps?

I agree with Hoser, Wishmaster all the way. Tarja's voice is absolutely beautiful and fits perfectly with Nightwish's tight, precise, keyboard orientied sound. I recomend the track "She Is My Sin" to anyone who has never heard them before. BTW, does anyone know if their live DVD is ever gonna be released in the US?

And Confessor I think you're a little confused.

Originally posted by justus x

Out of all the crushed-ball, helium-voice singers in metal, you had to pick on James? Tsk, tsk.

LOL..I just went that way because I know some people are big fans here. ;)

Every album from
the Gathering (featuring Anneke)
the 3rd & the Mortal (both Kari and Ann-Mari)
In the Woods...
plus Therion's Vovin and Theatre of Tragedy's Aegis

Note: Ulver's Themes... for the best female backing vocals performance

My personal favs are: Kari from 3rd and the Mortal though it's hard to place this under the metal thread. Makes me want to put Linda Perhacs on here but this is supposed to be METAL only, right?

Allllright.. I really like Anneke from the Gathering. I like her voice and I like her energy/aura. She's very appealing to me. She sings great and she seems a happy and confident person. I feel like I want to be her friend.

Dawn Crosby of Fear of God is/was perhaps my fav of the metal singers. I still listen to Within the Veil a lot and I love her voice, it's so haunted (even before she died). She sung with such raw, anger and confusion but very passionate. I saw them once live and she was fucking PISSSED.....they ripped, they put on an incredible show. She had on shorts, no make up, undone hair and a ripped flannel shirt but she didn't fucking CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have five-metal. I like the MEN! :p

Originally posted by redblueyes
Dawn Crosby of Fear of God is/was perhaps my fav of the metal singers. I still listen to Within the Veil a lot and I love her voice, it's so haunted (even before she died).

I could not agree more! I was wondering when someone else was going to mention her. Within the Veil still blows me away whenever I put it on. Haunting, powerful, and otherworldly.

Originally posted by Melancholia

it's Koproskilo

don't tell me you know what it means!!!!!??????!!!!!!!

what a shame.....:eek: haha

Of course I do.
hahaha.

Ella palikari...

Originally posted by dolphz

I could not agree more! I was wondering when someone else was going to mention her. Within the Veil still blows me away whenever I put it on. Haunting, powerful, and otherworldly.

Yes that's one of my favs cds over time. It doesn't seem dated to me - I still love it as much as I did back then! I didn't like the following cd much or her earlier stuff with Detente...but there is something about that cd that still blows my mind. Funny, I skimmed this thread so fast that I didn't notice that it was mentioned in the first post. :loco:

Lacuna Coil - In a Riveire
Alas - Absolut Purity
The Gathering - If Then Else (one of the best albums ever!, u need to listen to it quite a few times, as i thought it was shit after the first 5-6 listens, now i love it)
Em Sinfonia - (something portrait i think)
Madder Mortem - All Flesh Is Grass