What band should anathema tour with?

Cerulean

Not very cerulean eh
Jan 26, 2003
Affligem, Belgium
users.pandora.be
Try to be original and realistic :) Of course I'd like to see them tour with Katatonia but that's become such a cliché to talk about.

I'd say Sigur Rós would fit them very good, would be a damn relaxed evening. Or Dredg :D (Although I have no idea how well known Dredg are?)

edit: 'what band' doesn't sound correct to me, it has to be 'which band' right? :mad::mad:

You see that in the guestbook, thee are rumours in Jordan that Anathema will be supporting Opeth there, I don't like Opeth, but that sounds like a good thing to do regardless.

Doesn't seem so, no, but it would be a good chance to go there. Seems Anathema's got quite a following in the Middle East, all them people from Iran too. It's nice.

cedarbreed said:
Dredg yeah, that would be very nice and realistic.
yepp, and i think it would fit Anathema really good, not only music like. Them lads from dredg seem to have quite a good attitude on the music business and that. They're not famous either, dunno how well known they are at all.

If we speak of dream concerts like, it would be with Antimatter of course, or maybe Radiohead. For the first one i dunno what's the bands opinion about it...

Morpheus said:
yepp, and i think it would fit Anathema really good, not only music like. Them lads from dredg seem to have quite a good attitude on the music business and that. They're not famous either, dunno how well known they are at all.

If we speak of dream concerts like, it would be with Antimatter of course, or maybe Radiohead. For the first one i dunno what's the bands opinion about it...

The pros :

- Touring with friends must be a great experience.

- Guys from Anathema could guest in the Antimatter set and vice versa every night...

- I'd see my favourite band ever + a band I really deeply love and that is bound to become one of 3 favourite bands in a near future I guess :)

The cons :

- It wouldn't help Antimatter to free themselves from this 'band of the ex-Anathema Duncan Patterson' sticker.

- Maybe a good part of the Anathema audience wouldn't really dig Antimatter, considering that the audience at Anathema gigs is still mainly contituted of metalheads, but hey you can be a metalhead and love antimatter, that's true.

- Touring with Dredg instead (Dredg for instance) would allow Anathema to play in front of bigger audiences and a different kind of listeners, that could do them reallllllll gooood !

- Still, like Thorsten said, we don't know the feelings of both bands towards that. So ... GUYS ??? :D

Light said:
Marillion.
Yep, that's one band I'd like Anathema to tour with. On the official Marillion forum I've recommended the band as a future support act as well. My dream triple bill would be: Marillion - Porcupine Tree - Anathema....

i like that dredg idea as well :D
they are a bit known over the whole the world (it is isnt it? theyre on interscope so... ) so that would be super. :)