What bands do you NOT respect?

Korn- Brian "Head" Welch leaves the band, and they decided to tour with a replacement guitarist. They won't allow him to play on stage because "we're not ready for that yet."

A Dozen Furries(sp?)- To me, they are the very embodiment of all that is wrong with the modern metal scene. The group won "Battle fo Ozzfest" and won a slot on the Second Stage. Not as a graveyard-shift opener, but in the middle of the day. And the group sounds like the single most generic metal-core group around! They had a ton of energy, but the music was bland. Fuck em!

Limp Bizkit
Good Charlotte
Himsa
Avenged Sevenfold
Korn
My Chemical Romance
Staind
Metallica(NEVER liked any of their shit)
Megadeth
H.I.M.
System of A Down
Mushroomhead
Wicked Wisdom
Bury Your Dead
Just to name a few
And like jdelpi has said, the band that I respect the least is....Nervedamage;)

ironmaidenfan09 said:
For most people it's easy Metallica. They haven't put out a true Metal album since And Justice for All. Once they figured out they could make a zillion dollars by going soft they went with it and ran and never looked back. I have ZERO respect for Metallica and will NEVER purchace a CD, Concert ticket, Shirt NOTHING ever again. And I really feel others that continue to support them are sorry individuals brainwashed by them

Bands like Iron Maiden and Slayer are bands I really admire for sticking to doing what they do and never changing for mainstream america.

What bands do others not respect?

I am so fucking tired of this. Hey, get this straight: some people don't consider Metallica sell-outs and, in fact, like Load. In fact, some of those people like many "real" heavy metal bands, like, say, Death. Some of those people just like music, and if it's good, don't give a fuck who it's from. Some of those people like musicians who try different things, because, if they're bored creatively, why continue? And, some of these same afore-mentioned people understand that the audience can't dictate what a creative person does. Some people admire Slayer's unwillingness to change; others consider it one-dimensional.

Drokk said:
I am so fucking tired of this. Hey, get this straight: some people don't consider Metallica sell-outs and, in fact, like Load. In fact, some of those people like many "real" heavy metal bands, like, say, Death. Some of those people just like music, and if it's good, don't give a fuck who it's from. Some of those people like musicians who try different things, because, if they're bored creatively, why continue? And, some of these same afore-mentioned people understand that the audience can't dictate what a creative person does. Some people admire Slayer's unwillingness to change; others consider it one-dimensional.

Thank you for talking some sence. It is so easy to slag bands off whilst most people have no idea how to write music or preform it.

Take music for what it is and if you don't like, don't listen to it.:headbang:

I respect every band that does something for somebody. If there is one person who enjoys it, it´s OK, I needn´t listen to it.

I agree with Schurl. Every band deserves respect for getting where they do. I could list any number of bands who, in my mind, don't deserve the recognition or fan base that they have. But they obviously appeal to someone's musical taste, no matter how questionable. Metallica in my view, died with Cliff Burton, although they have released tracks that I love since then, but they are few and far between, but they deserve to be where they are. I couldn't blame them for that. There are certain genres of music however, that I see absolutely no point in, whatsoever, but if there is people out there that are into it, then that's their opinion.

greenday. why -- i remember when they were playing community centers and vfw halls wearing dresses. now they're grammy material for what the call a rock opera ( i call it shit in a bucket). they define the term coporate tool. they made millions off of the american fans and media, and then bash it with the title track off the new cd. i don't care if they don't like george bush, fine. but don't bash the people who made you something other than a 3 chord mediocr piece of shit. i also like how the played the fuse aol sessions show and introduced themselves as "the greenday trio". kinda funny if you count the rythm guitar player and the guy playing the hammond b3 that makes five. hooked on math didn't work for him.

the dixie CUNTS. real simple, if you've got a gripe with your homeland don't make yourself look like an ass and rant in public while on someone elses soil.

oh before i forget antflag. another example of people who haven't worked hard and earned anything in life bitching about the system.

all of our contestants should get vietnamese political re-education. or a one way ticket to some other country.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
For most people it's easy Metallica. They haven't put out a true Metal album since And Justice for All. Once they figured out they could make a zillion dollars by going soft they went with it and ran and never looked back. I have ZERO respect for Metallica and will NEVER purchace a CD, Concert ticket, Shirt NOTHING ever again. And I really feel others that continue to support them are sorry individuals brainwashed by them

Bands like Iron Maiden and Slayer are bands I really admire for sticking to doing what they do and never changing for mainstream america.

What bands do others not respect?
You're exactly why incest is illegal in this country.

johnnyMT said:
Great, another immature Metallica hater :rolleyes: ....why can't you respect the good stuff they DID put out and leave it at that?
Because they sell out.
FUCK METALLICA.
one of the principles of being Metal is having integrity.
They just don´t have it

Schurl said:
I respect every band that does something for somebody. If there is one person who enjoys it, it´s OK, I needn´t listen to it.
Hippie.
JA JA JA JA JA
Yeah ...
Peace on the world and shit..
There´s ar eal world somewhere there buddy..But it doesnt means we have to live in it.
So...
Fuck to everybody who likes SHITALLICA

Mickenglanduk said:
Thank you for talking some sence. It is so easy to slag bands off whilst most people have no idea how to write music or preform it.

Take music for what it is and if you don't like, don't listen to it.:headbang:
But it doesn´t mean U have to respect what they do..I ain´t a saint or a perfect guy.
I just can´t believe were still talking about metallica as a metal band whe they´re close to Britney spears than...mmm Iron Maiden..
And as far as this is a fucking ANthrax forum(Thqat´s why I am here)meatllica never made a better record than Among the living Charlie´s a better drummer Bello is ten times better than the guy who died and they will never be the law..
So..
once again
FUCK METALLICA AND FUCK THEIR FANS

I have to say that I don't have a problem with Greenday and, in particular, I like Mike Dirnt. Justin, one of the kids that I write to, has a CHD (chronic heart disease) and Mike Dirnt was born CHD as well. Justin feels a connection to him and someone wrote to Mike on his behalf. After getting the letter, Mike sent him some t-shirts and a bass. Maybe it doesn't mean a lot to you but it meant the world to Justin and if you can put a smile on Justin's or any other kid's face, especially when these kids feel alone, scared, don't know what their future holds, etc., then you are ok in my book. It may not have to do with Greenday's music, but I get the impression this thread is going passed just music and more towards bashing the individual band members. There have been a few celebrities that I wouldn't normally like but since they took the time out to treat their fans right, I do have to eat my words.