What do fans of Swano (and maybe Swano) think about the War in Iraq?

Originally posted by Timmeth
I was kinda' asking for opinions with some kind of validation to them. Some just showed up with slander and nonsense.

"opinions"/"validation"... usually don't peacefully co-exist. they're valid to whoever agrees with them... that's why these things go in big, ugly circles. and, while i'm certainly guilty of the slander portion you speak of, i avoid nonsense at all costs. hey, i'm a sarcastic asshole, would you expect me to discuss such things civilly?

Originally posted by fireangel
two things I have to say towards this:

a) maybe read my first post on this topic

b) And, did you know that George W's presidential library burned down?
A tragedy! Both books were lost, and he wasn't even finished colouring one of them...

a) was really long, but i read it. and?
b) when's your HBO special?

@mattcira: no I did not. It may be, that not all find that same funny, depending on where they live ;) Actually I think this comes from a mailinglist started in US.
Nevermind. I surely did not intend to make you upset, as I don´t have the slightest reason for it. I was just very provoked by other people´s way of discussing, so I had to react on the same level.

@TheBigJones47: from reading it, you maybe would have seen, that this topic can be discussed more peaceful than you did when arriving here and also, that several people not simply think, President Bush would be stupid (which you answered by this "he´s been to a good univ.) There is much more about it. That is why my post is so long and tries to cover many aspects. I don´t see this conflict onedimensional.

Originally posted by TheBigJones47
"opinions"/"validation"... usually don't peacefully co-exist. they're valid to whoever agrees with them... that's why these things go in big, ugly circles. and, while i'm certainly guilty of the slander portion you speak of, i avoid nonsense at all costs. hey, i'm a sarcastic asshole, would you expect me to discuss such things civilly?

Allow me to help you out here...

Originally posted by Ormir
Iraq poses no threat to America, and UN inspectors weren't able to find any nuclear or biological weapons. Attacking Iraq will worsen the situation in the Middle East, and will only increase terrorism. Iraq also hasn't been connected to Al Qaeda in any way, unlike the Iranian government. Iran of course doesn't have the oil of Iraq, and he has no political incenetive to do so. All it boils down to is Bush wanting to boost his popularity and finnish daddys job. Which isn't a particularly good reason for killing people.

Even though I disagree, it's an opinion worth hearing.

Originally posted by Gnuckell
We'll i'd say that it's not exactly comforting to know that one of the stupidest people in the world is sitting there in the U.S with his finger on a button.

Here's something that's beyong ridiculous. This may be opinion, but who would take this seriously?

When I posted this, I wanted a serious thread. Some people just didn't take things seriously...

Originally posted by Dan Swanö
war is never cool...

He said it best... I am not pro-war, nor am I anti-war. Right now, I believe that the U.S. has enough evidence to attack. I believe that war is justified.

@mattcira: no I did not. It may be, that not all find that same funny, depending on where they live ;) Actually I think this comes from a mailinglist started in US.
Nevermind. I surely did not intend to make you upset, as I don´t have the slightest reason for it. I was just very provoked by other people´s way of discussing, so I had to react on the same level.

@TheBigJones47: from reading it, you maybe would have seen, that this topic can be discussed more peaceful than you did when arriving here and also, that several people not simply think, President Bush would be stupid (which you answered by this "he´s been to a good univ.) There is much more about it. That is why my post is so long and tries to cover many aspects. I don´t see this conflict onedimensional.

you're right, it's nowhere near one-dimensional, and as i pointed out, i tend to go the "sarcastic asshole" way of discussion.... so, whaddya got?

dude... don't worry about it... you didnt offend me (takes A LOT to offend me...) I just thought it was a horrible joke.

The thing is, they don't have any evidence. I don't know why you think war is justified, because they actually have no concrete evidence worthy enough for a full out WAR. People really dont seem to understand what war is and just say "ya lets go get them!!" without even thinking...

forest of october said:
The thing is, they don't have any evidence. I don't know why you think war is justified, because they actually have no concrete evidence worthy enough for a full out WAR. People really dont seem to understand what war is and just say "ya lets go get them!!" without even thinking...

NO! Even if we do find evidence (which we already do) you guys wont accept the fact that we have evidence. Ignorance pisses me off, and this is the last straw...

Timmeth said:
NO! Even if we do find evidence (which we already do) you guys wont accept the fact that we have evidence. Ignorance pisses me off, and this is the last straw...

We also have shitloads of evidence about chemical, biological and nuclear weapons manufactured, kept and used by the USA. Also, we have evidence of illegal US military operations (like the constant illegal bombings of Iraq during the past 12 years). If I start demanding the destruction of US military capacity, will you back me up?

-Villain

Why do we all argue about this topic?
os this changing anything?
no it's not.war is gonna happen,Saddam won't leave and lots of people will be slaughtered
I just wanna see what happens next if thousands of U.S. soldiers are killed.
Of course everyone will be pro war after that because none of you are soldiers or have soldier friends.
Or let's see what happens if there's inside retaliation and terrorist attacks inside the U.S. once more,of course you will still be pro war because it didn't hit your house or any of your friend's houses.

Villain said:
We also have shitloads of evidence about chemical, biological and nuclear weapons manufactured, kept and used by the USA. Also, we have evidence of illegal US military operations (like the constant illegal bombings of Iraq during the past 12 years). If I start demanding the destruction of US military capacity, will you back me up?

-Villain

Okay, listen to me closely. The united states has yet to cause Genocide, whereas Saddam has already done that. We don't have a record of recklessness.

Oh, did you say this in 1998 when Clinton was bombing them?

manuelgv said:
Why do we all argue about this topic?
os this changing anything?
no it's not.war is gonna happen,Saddam won't leave and lots of people will be slaughtered
I just wanna see what happens next if thousands of U.S. soldiers are killed.
Of course everyone will be pro war after that because none of you are soldiers or have soldier friends.
Or let's see what happens if there's inside retaliation and terrorist attacks inside the U.S. once more,of course you will still be pro war because it didn't hit your house or any of your friend's houses.

It's important to stay behind the troops, whether if they are your family or not.

It's important to stay behind the troops, whether if they are your family or not.

iraq_gulfwar2.jpg

and is staying behind the troops sitting at home and watching them getting killed?
staying behind the troops would be thinking twice about supporting an attack where their lives are endangered

What kind of genocide did Saddam do? Could you please elaborate me here? If you are talking about the killing of Kurds in northern Iraq, you should probably try to clean your own bloody hands first. The Americans have killed at least ten times more people during the past fifty years.

Timmeth said:
Oh, did you say this in 1998 when Clinton was bombing them?

Yes, I did. I have protested against all US military operations done in my lifetime - none of them were any more justified than the crimes of Saddam - or those of the Nazi-Germany, for that matter.

-Villain

Villain said:
What kind of genocide did Saddam do? Could you please elaborate me here? If you are talking about the killing of Kurds in northern Iraq, you should probably try to clean your own bloody hands first. The Americans have killed at least ten times more people during the past fifty years.

-Villain

1) Saddam has commited genocide.

2) The U.S. was involved with two giant wars (no genocide there...)

manuelgv said:
and is staying behind the troops sitting at home and watching them getting killed?

No, it would be. Supporting them by rooting for them, and not lowering their morale.