What do SX fans think of Circus Maximus?

The best way I can describe Circus Maximus is Dream Theater sans the ego. Also, their music sounds less forced than DT's, and their singer, while not really my style, is light years more enjoyable than LaBrie.

I listened to Isolate the other day, and there are some gems on that album. A Darkened Mind, From Childhood's Hour, and Ultimate Sacrifice are all great. However, everyone seems to get a hard on over Mouth of Madness, but I really don't think the song is that great.

Anybody else laugh when listening to Zero the first time? Not gonna lie, I thoguht it was fucking hilarious. "BAY-BAY" "You shut the door at night - you make me go away!"

dont like them. too damn mainstream useless music like millions of bands out there.

sorry guys, i know u all like them. i just cant believe they cant stop playing with clean effects while the vocals are doing its job. get some metal albums dudes. thats not how it works.

dont like them. too damn mainstream useless music like millions of bands out there.

sorry guys, i know u all like them. i just cant believe they cant stop playing with clean effects while the vocals are doing its job. get some metal albums dudes. thats not how it works.

Disturbing comment. I'll pass.

Wow, to each their own I guess. I completely disagree, though.

damn mainstream useless music by the boatloads... ya know... that band called Circus Maximus

get some metal albums boys... its the only thing that works.... ya know

ya know.... right ?

scuze me while I go slap meself

Tried unsuccessfully to get into CM, but they failed to catch my interest. They just kinda blurred into the multitude of generic prog metal bands.

I've had Isolate for a fairly long while now, but haven't listened in a while. When I first got it I listened the crap out of it, which kind of killed it for me, but not completely. Definitely tons of DT with some SX and Kamelot, for sure. The lower registered vocals are very much like Khan's. Some of the vocals (and this may be only to my ears) seem to have some Geoff Tate characteristics. Not sure if it's the stylings, the actual vocal sounds, or a little of both. Just listen to The Mission and maybe somebody will agree...:oops:

I like CM alot been listining to them for a couple years
there Far from a clone band , they do display there influences but whats wrong with that? great singer IMO, hell of a band all around