What do you do with your tickets stubs?

SavaRon said:
The problem with trying to compete with TM/CC is they own alot of radio stations, they own many venues. They control much of what people listen to, where they are going to hear it and how much they are going to pay to see it played live. The bands can't do anything because they get shut out of the venues and/or get thier music pulled off the air. Ask Pearl Jam how well it went when they tried to get away from TM. That was 10 years ago and this company has gotten much bigger and much worse since then.

Normally I don't like to see government involvment, but in this case I think it's warranted. They are controlling to much and the prices are insane. I am going to Gigantour in Orlando and the tickets were $54. I bought four of them and I think it ended up being around $265 (I don't have the tickets in front of me). Almost $60 to print out 4 tickets? Give me a fucking break! I knew it was going to be high so I paid it. I want to see this tour at Hard Rock Live, so what am I going to do? Anyway, Tampa tickets went on sale and I wasn't sure if I was going to go because it's on a Monday. I look up tickets and they start at $19. Shit, I'll pay that even if I leave early. Pull up front row balcony tickets, and then the service charges came up. Almost $15 per ticket!!!!! Screw that! $15 on a $19 ticket??? How the hell can they justify that? So I did my consumer duty and hit cancel order! I will get them at the box office if I go.

I didn't realize this thread would turn into a TM/CC bashing! Something does need to be done though!
:OMG: they were supposed to be AT MOST $35 per ticket! MegaDave said so himself :cry:

I think Dave said he was trying to keep them around $35. He's done a pretty good job of that. The Hard Rock is a small place, around 2000 people. I knew this show was going to be higher because it's about 1/5 the size of most other venues this tour is playing. Plus that place is more expensive to play and it's on a Saturday which means more premium prices. I figured it was going to be about $50 a ticket. The services charges are rediculous, but that's not Dave's fault.

I'm hoping they are filming this show (maybe for Headbangers Ball) MTV does alot of shit at that place and my thought is they may be recording some of it.
That reminds me I have to book a hotel for that night......Shit! More $$$$$

Hawk said:
I guess if people were really, really mad they would have a website and organize a boycott!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I think the effect would be two-fold. TM would get the obvious message. The artists would also be losing money and it might motivate them to push from their side of things as well. I think it's more possible now than when Pearl Jam tried it several years ago. Ecommerce has been improved and more people are comfortable with it.

Hawk said:
I also would ask you to consider this: you could ask the government to enact new legislation. But the effect would be that the new legislation would stand *after* the Ticket Master case. Ready to be used against any other company that would even be remotely be in the same position. And would not even use the kind of dirty practices that TM uses.

It wouldn't be new legislation. They already have the power to break up monopolies. Reagan did it to AT&T. TM is not a true monopoly but I believe they're as close to it as they can be.

You are right about asking for government involvement. It can turn into a can of worms in a hurry. :erk:

In S.A. they baracade a circle off in front of the stage. That is called the "Golden circle", if you have a Golden Cirle ticket(which obviously costs more), you have to hand in your stub at the circle entrance in exchange for a wristband which normally only reads "Big Concerts"
Since we also have one concert organising company it almost always works this way so needles to say, some concert stubs I just don't have.
The ones I do have are in a photo album except for this one that's framed on the wall because it has Sepultura's signitures on it!

Sepultura.jpg

DSC05475.jpg

A few Tickets I mustered up!

DSC05476.jpg

My First KISS Concert... Notice the Price.... $8.50 !!!!

DSC05477.jpg

Some 12 years later look at the price $40.00 !!!

Of course seeing KISS with the original members in full make-up was Awesome!