What do you guys do to relax?

[UEAK]Clowd

Apr 29, 2008
so I've more or less been tracking, editing, mixing, or otherwise hustlin' for the past 8 months straight with no break.

my christmas present to myself is three full days off, literally the first ones I can remember... but I'm still feeling like... wound up. I can't just chill and relax... I'm tense and kinda stressed out(for no real reason)

anyone else like this?

edit: probably shoulda named this "how do relax ¯\(°_o)/¯" haha

marshmallowflufffapfapf.jpg

meditate, smoke weed, go for a walk and sit on a hill somewhere (unless you live in a city, in which case you're fucked)

Well, I used to smoke alot of herb but have since stopped doing that, even drinking alot less of late. Usually playing video games keeps me pretty occupied on the off days, and maybe a movie here and there. I used to skateboard but now I'm getting old and fat so that isnt as much of an option now lol. I've done 3d modeling and texturing before, painting and drawing, writing short stories, went to art exhibits and tried to see as many sights as there are in my city, like museums and such. Learning and being creative is always the best option, rather than vegetating...going sober makes it alot tougher for me to really relax but i am trying. I've recently watched an entire college lecture series on astronomy that took about 24 hours (not all at the same time), learned alot from that. I have a hard time not being restless though. Vices and addictions get in the way. Might get a bike soon, many people tell me casual bike riding is a good way to get some inner peace. I'd probably just fly down hills with it instead.

Pound off.

Have a night in to yourself with a good book or film or old album you've not read/watched/listened to in a while and a bottle of whiskey or single-malt.

Schedule your work better. I know this is sometimes impossible, especially when you need all the work you can get, but at least try to schedule them with blocks apart do give you 2-3 days off between projects at worst, and 3-7 days off at best. You can also try scheduling mandatory break days between tracking/editing/mixing if you think it'll help you (it usually does!).

Play some PS3, play some Animals As Leaders on the monitors, get a large glass of water and some form of nuts. This always makes a good evening.

Was feeling not so good today, a bit stressed, and after I finished an hour session at the gym pumping iron, I just felt extremely happy and content. 2 hours late and I just feel totally relaxed and chill.
Not saying necessarily lift weights, but any kind of exercise that's pretty demanding should leave you feeling great afterwards

Was feeling not so good today, a bit stressed, and after I finished an hour session at the gym pumping iron, I just felt extremely happy and content. 2 hours late and I just feel totally relaxed and chill.
Not saying necessarily lift weights, but any kind of exercise that's pretty demanding should leave you feeling great afterwards

+1

And/Or Get Psycho and Rear Window, get a jar of nuts, fuckin relax....

Those two films will let you relax, even though they're thrillers

Weights, PS3, a mid - long distance bike or car ride. Blasting some tunes on the open road.
Yoga is something I'd like to try also. I know that my whole body requires relaxation sometimes.

Of course, unless you have a lady to help you out- FAP FAP FAP like a crazy cunt haha.