what do you think is the greatest Metal album ever

People need to learn how to deal with opinions/stop being huge assholes *points to GoD*

Mine is Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris

It is impossible for me to choose ONE favourite metal album, there is faaaarr too many.

@Guardian of Darkness: The "Thousand Swords" cover in you avater, did they make two covers originally or do I have to re-issue because mine looks like this
thousandswords.jpg

And I do agree, "Transilvanian Hunger" is sooo over-rated..."Panzerfaust" and "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" are much better albums IMO.

For me it´s a draw between Fear Of God´s "Within The Veil" and Atrox´"Terrestrials" (in spite of Season of Mist´s attempts to screw up the latter).

Bah. If we're mentioning others, then I must mention:
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
Demilich - Nespithe
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Burzum - Filosofem

Guardian of Darkness said:
Bah. If we're mentioning others, then I must mention:
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
Demilich - Nespithe
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Burzum - Filosofem

I was tempted to say something about deathcult but I've only had it a month or so and I'm still not sure if it's gonna stay in heavy rotation like it has lately.

HannibalGuy said:
I reckon. "I am the Hateful Raven" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I play that albulm quite a bit.
The entire album is magnificent. Beyond epic. I actually rate it on a par with Thousand Swords, although they can't really be compared.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
Mine is Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Yes! That album is excellent. I've still only got it in MP3 form though because it's not available around these parts.Maybe someone from The End records will send it to me if I email them pictures of my nipples.

Also, thank God no-one has mentioned Arch Enemy yet.