what do you think is the greatest Metal album ever

Greatest album ever would have to be Reign in Blood. I realy cant see how anyone could disagree. I realize that it certainly isnt perfect, nor is it very interesting between Angel of Death and Postmortem, but the fact is, it has had such a huge effect on the entire metal genre, thats undeniable.

Okay... so maybe 'most significant metal album'...

Life Sucks said:
That is indeed an excellent CD. Too bad the band only ever released one CD.
There has been a little scuttlebutt about Ars Metalli (didn't they go bankrupt?) releasing the second CD. I doubt it will ever happen, but we can hope.

I have a CD-r of the second CD, and it deserves to have a proper release.

Greatest album ever would have to be Reign in Blood. I realy cant see how anyone could disagree.

I can think of a reason someone would disagree. There is this thing that they just invented called "preference", and if you don't like something, you're allowed to disagree. What a novel concept.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
I can think of a reason someone would disagree. There is this thing that they just invented called "preference", and if you don't like something, you're allowed to disagree. What a novel concept.
Whether you like it or not, Slayer changed the face of metal forever with that album.

Edgecrusher said:
Whether you like it or not, Slayer changed the face of metal forever with that album.

Looks like someone's mad because I don't like their little Slayery Wayery. How kyoot.

regarding Demilich: I don't know what's gay about finding a band whose singer is burping all the time hilarious.

to GoD: I'm glad you seem to be studying my listening preferences.

Alex78 said:
regarding Demilich: I don't know what's gay about finding a band whose singer is burping all the time hilarious.

to GoD: I'm glad you seem to be studying my listening preferences.

So, there music kicks ass. It is not like the music is background to the vocals.

High On Maiden said:
^

Something which YOU don't seem to be able to accept in fact GoD.
People aren't equal. Their opinions aren't equally valid. Assessing quality of art accurately requires more than simply deciding what sounds/looks best to you.

Guardian of Darkness said:
People aren't equal. Their opinions aren't equally valid. Assessing quality of art accurately requires more than simply deciding what sounds/looks best to you.
Art is subjective. You are writing bollocks again, as usual. Noone has a patent for "assessing quality of art accurately".

Naggamanteh said:
Art is subjective. You are writing bollocks again, as usual. Noone has a patent for "assessing quality of art accurately".
It has been proven that certain sound-progressions inspire certain things in every person's mind. This is proof enough that art isn't entirely subjective.