Which is the greatest PM ever?

Which is the greatest Power Metal song ever?

• "Highlander" - Lost Horizon

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • "Fifth Element" - Pathfinder

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • "Ride the Sky" - Helloween

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • "Reign of Terror" - Rhapsody of Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Revelation" - Gamma Ray

• "New Sin" - Celesty

• "Fight For Your King" - Fairyland

• Other (specify in topic)

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • I don't know anything about Power Metal because I suck

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
BG are ok. I kind of like their first album, which is probably a controversial opinion. I think it's more listenable than Follow the Blind. That really overproduced Queen influenced one, whatever it's called, is really boring though. Most of their albums are boring basically.

Blind Guardian - Valhalla

I saw them live like 5 years ago at a pretty small venue. It was definitely one of my top 3 concert experiences. Power metal concerts are a blast, you just sing with a bunch of nerds for two hours.

fata morgana, harder than steel, irae melanox

and, um, by the strange path of destiny, because i'm super gay for dark moor and always will be.

Woah, who da fuck are you? But yeah, good list.

Oh, and everyone needs to stop pretending that they don't like power metal and embrace it. The good stuff is good for a reason.

Power/progressive metal/thrash is one of the easiest styles of metal to like. I admit there are some horrible lyrics and themes, and some concept albums that just try way too hard, but overall it really is an excellent genre of metal. A great blend of melody, shredding, and upbeat tempos. Plus it's home to the best vocalists in metal hands down. Do I even have to name some? Daniel Heiman (!), Lance King, Kelly Carpenter, D.C. Cooper, Russel Allen, Damian Wilson, Jorn, etc. I could go on, possibly forever. Finally lots of progressive/power thrash is out there that has quite interesting structure and avoids repetition.

Last edited by a moderator: