What do you want for Christmas or the Holidays?

Rachel-Bilson-012.jpg

The wife and I decided not to exchange gifts, and just got back yesterday from a week in Hedonism in Jamaica instead. Much better than a sweater! :)

Steve in Philly

I just want to take it easy, been a long work year and I have the last 10 days of the year off...Chill time!!!

Oh I got to get the Kamelot DVD for me though!!!

Okay, now.......WHY do the Brazilians speak Portuguese and most of the rest of South America speaks Spanish? :heh:

LOL I was waiting for that question... The reason being is that we were mainly colonized by Portugal, rather than Spain, which took the rest of South America. (Funny thing is that I have almost 0% of Portuguese blood in my veins, I do have some Spaniard descent though).

Then, we started acting "kinda like a bitch", and they got mad at us, tried to oppress us, but we kicked their asses big time. Long story short, of course. :lol::lol:

LOL I was waiting for that question... The reason being is that we were mainly colonized by Portugal, rather than Spain, which took the rest of South America. (Funny thing is that I have almost 0% of Portuguese blood in my veins, I do have some Spaniard descent though).

Then, we started acting "kinda like a bitch", and they got mad at us, tried to oppress us, but we kicked their asses big time. Long story short, of course. :lol::lol:

Yep...but I was looking for the answer to WHY Portugal got one part and Spain got the other.

The answer, of course, is because the Pope at the time SAID so.....and back then, you didn't wanna mess wif the Pope, bub. :heh:

yeah.. There was treaty.. Portugual and spain divided up south american between them..
I just don't know why brazil remained as one country and the spanish colony was divided in 9 other countries. (not counting the 3 on north of brazil, the guianas and suriname, as they don't speak either portuguese nor spanish).

I just got a catalog from Brookstone, and they are selling a $400 contraption that supposedly converts vinyl albums and cassettes into CDs. The brand is Crosley. Anyone know if this is for real or if it's a piece of crap?.

Just hook up your stereo to your computer's sound card and record it that way. In fact, I'm recording an old vinyl record to the computer right now :)

I've done the same with cassette tapes. Just hook up the "line out" to the sound card. PM me if you really want details.