Do you celebrate Christmas?

Erik said:
And as always, we Norse are the only sane people, as ours is the only (?) of these holidays that actually has a good reason to take place in December :loco:
Not just the Norse though, right? Yuletide is very much English too (and Scottish, etc), and some will celebrate it mid-summer too, heh.

The Christians chose Dec 25th as a day to 'covert' the pagans into Christians. You know, catch them whilst they celebrate the arrival of the sun.

I personally don't do it for any reason other than "family company" which I really don't like that much anyway. I'd prefer to celebrate the solstice on the 21st than "Christmas - Christ's Birthday" on the 25th, but guess what one my family chooses. There is a tree in my house, but it usually has an angel or a star on top. Fuck christianity and its perversions of heathen traditions.

I love Christmas and have never seen a reason to get stressed out because of it, anyone who does is completely missing the point of the holiday. Buy some shit for people I love, receive some shit from people I love, dress up nice and wrestle with the family dogs and cousins, eat a lot of food, and get a few extra days off of work. What's not to love?

I'm not christian so no I don't celebrate it for religious reasons.

My mom bought me a compass, a candle on a wooden stick (fire hazard?), and a lint remover brush...

I inquired about the compass and she just said "everyone needs one of these" Okkaaayyy.

I want Jens Ryden as a present for this year. Anyone want to help me?

NicodemiX said:
Fuck christianity and its perversions of heathen traditions.

Yeah, christianity sucks pretty bad! If you think about it christianity basically = heavily edited judaism (old testament) + "creative writing" (new testament) + perverted heathen traditions (the rest).
And while we are at it, didn't those dumbasses even get the cross wrong? I remember reading that the cross the romans used for crucifixion where tau-shaped?

I would like some of the vikings we have here in the board to explain me how "heathen traditions" (relax, you are just schoolboys, not eric the red descendants) affected christianity in my country for example.

I don't really care so I don't know much about it, but I would not be surprised in the least if some kind of festivities were held at the winter solstice in ancient greece.

fotmbm said:
I don't really care so I don't know much about it, but I would not be surprised in the least if some kind of festivities were held at the winter solstice in ancient greece.

I agree, I don't care. I know it won't get anything done to talk about how Christians took over the world and throw a fit, but I just can't get over the hypocrisy of it all. Amazing.

IOfTheStorm said:
I would like some of the vikings we have here in the board to explain me how "heathen traditions" (relax, you are just schoolboys, not eric the red descendants) affected christianity in my country for example.

Hehe, I don't see that viking sarcasm (as justifiablly anyway) directed at me but I'll answer anyhow.
The ancient greeks philosophers have to be counted as pagans and then you have and enormous influence, especially Plato and Aristotele.

Paganism (or "Heathenism") is a catch-all term which has come to bundle together (by extension from its original classical meaning of a non-Christian religion) a very broad set of not necessarily compatible religious beliefs and practices that are usually, but not necessarily, characterized by polytheism and, less commonly, animism.