What does everybody think about the Double Disk CD?

opeth9999

Dec 23, 2001
Muskegon, MI
Visit site
What does everybody think about the news about Double Disk CD that Opeth will be going into the studio this Spring to start recording? One Album with totally clean vocals and Acoustic and Clean Guitars and another with Distorted guitars and Vocals. Well I personaly think it's gonna be great because there will be more music BUT I also think it will take away the dynamics from the CD haveing all of the Clean stuff on a whole nother disk. Whats your opinion.

I found out this news 2 weeks ago and I noticed nobody was taking about it. It says at Digitalmetal.com and there is a interview coming out soon with Mikeal talking about it in a article of Lamentations of the Flame Princess (http://lotfp.cjb.net/) but it cost $5 dollars but I talked to the guy that runs it and he said there going into the studio this Spring to record and that it might be realsed late 2002 or early 2003. He also said he talked to Mikeal for round 50 minutes.

Hm. I agree. The dynamics will be GONE. Well the usual dynamics. It would be greater if the first cd started acoustic then when 50% is done they fade it to the usual opeth songs and that continues for the first half on the 2nd cd and fade into brutality. That would be cool. More trip-like music =) If they don't do it I sure as hell will! :lol:

there not going to seperate them anymore you should read the tread "I just got off the phone with Mikeal" here it also has a link to at least his interview I think. I don't know if it coast anything or not but you sould check it out

In Mikael We Trust.

doesn't matter what i think about it: Mikael knows far more about making music thasn i ever could. whatever he does, it will be fabulous.

.. I think Opeth's earned our trust enough to not second guess too much ahead of time (says he who was initially concerned about the idea)... let's wait to hear it. The albums aren't even written yet. You never know, Morningrise riffs and melodies might be considered 'light' if there's not a lot of growling over it...

As for it costing $5, remember you get FOUR weekly issues for that price (in the US), not just the one with the Opeth interview. :)