what have you been listening to lately?

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
well, though i'm extremely busy, i've been requesting certain bands on internet metal radio at work:

old man's child (new), dissection, anything emperor, old priest...

recommend some good stuff if you want!

Firewallls prevent the internet radio here -- I have to drag in and rip my own CDs to my machine. Problem is, this computer has about .02% disc space left...better start using the company's shared drives...

I picked up the new Overkill. Far and away, Killbox 13 fills the metal bill.

Too much Testament for the Dragonhordes, eh?

I know Testament plays again the first week of June, but Scrotumento (coined by Ms. A) is too far for a Wed. night show. I need to take the next day off, but no can do.

Last Wed. night I saw Skelator at the Brick By Brick in San Diego. Down there for work, and I did take the next day off. They were an interesting thrash-styled band, they really impressed me. The next day it occured to me, listening to their demo I bought, that the 6+ Newcastles were a major reason why I thought they were cool. The demo disc was awful, talent was eh. But not many newer acts out there playing thrash as they did, so I give them props. Bad thrash is usually better than good death...:p

Insania said:
I know Testament plays again the first week of June, but Scrotumento (coined by Ms. A) is too far for a Wed. night show. I need to take the next day off, but no can do.

what about the petaluma (a-chick-chick-there-town) show??? the phoenix is a kewl venue. smyth played there w/ sweet leaf before. bummer if you can't make it :(.

Hey, what is Emperor like? At least two of you listen to them...must count for something. :p

I found a CD (Equilibrium IX?) at the local shop yesterday, but instead opted for Domination Commence by The Defaced, and a few other CDs.

I really like this band, thrashy with a wierd sort of production, sounds sorta demo-ish, but cool. I already had Karma in Black, another good CD but a bit less thrash, and better production.

They must be running out of Swedish metalheads; damn, I can't keep up with their output...

Lately I have been listening to the following:

: Ringnevond - Nattverd
: In Flames - The Jester Race
: Interview With The Vampire movie soundtrack
: In The Woods... - HEart Of The Ages
: Le'rue Delashay - The Court Composer

...and of course the entire Evergrey library! :D

Currently I have listening to my latest bought CD's:

: Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
: Kalmah - Swampsong
: Nighrage - Sweet Vengeance
: Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality

They all are enjoyable, although I would say Damage Done and Swampsong are a step above Sweet Vengeance and Enemies Of Reality.