What I like

Ah, art has been handed in! Yay! =P
Feels damn awesome haha, got a free breakfast out of it as well lol.
Everything else for school is being finalised too, formal money due, finishing topics, plus finished organising my schoolies cruise. Loving it right now =)
I love the fact that we get about 6 weeks to study for the HSC too, so much better than the trials! hahaha.
Plus I like my new phone, sexy little thing it is! Nokia E65, awesome thing.
List is a bit long, might shut up. But hey, things are great right now.

Ah, actually I was thinking of the E90 not the E65, but both are pretty neat.

You can actually go to the Optus site, go through support, find your phone and download the settings directly to it. If you have regular POP3 mail like your ISP gives you, it's fairly easy to set that up. If you use Hotmail, grab this:

http://www.symbianv3.com/new-windows-live-messenger-perfect

Basically, it's MSN + Hotmail all in one. Works with Symbian Series 60v3 phones (I believe the E65 is v3 not v2, so it should work).

Not bad, but missing out on the big things I got the N95 for:

GPS - invaluable when you're on tour, especially to other countries

5MP camera + DVD resolution video for impromptu pics or video that can be actually used in a releasable product

Quad-band so we can use it anywhere

Standard 3.5mm audio out so we can use that as a backing track if our click track dies live - we just swap cables and run that direct into the PA (in fact, we were rehearsing with that as our drummer while TY was overseas for the last few weeks)

and then all of the other usual stuff - web, email, RSS feeds, WiFi, VOIP, MSN, games (with TV out too, which is neat, and that also means I can play DivX movies on TV, or run QuickWord to a TV monitor and type on a bluetooth keyboard), etc. etc.

Perfect for what I'm after!

The only shit thing about it is the battery life which isn't great... for such a powerful device, they sure fitted it with a shit battery! Looking forward to getting a better capacity one (and a spare).

Sounds fair enough... at least it adheres to the oft ignored mantra of "Buy what you need". Can't even close to compete with the camera (the JasJam's camera quality is like a QVGA webcam interpolated to 2MP) but I'd consider easier programmability, larger third-party software base, the WM Today screen (most underrated software feature in a phone ever), the performance advantage of a 416Mhz Intel processor vs 300(?)Mhz Texas Instruments procesor (like comparing a 4Ghz C2D vs 3Ghz X2), and NOT having something like a GPS receiver built in as a lot more valuable and practical.

Then I probably have a lot more time to fuck around with things like that than you, who I imagine wants something that just works when and where required without a bunch of external attachments needing to be carried around. As a device that you don't have to fuck around with... JasJam definitely loses. One thing in particular though:

GPS - invaluable when you're on tour, especially to other countries
Battery life is one of the reasons Nokia use a low-performance GPS chip which is a lot less accurate and sensitive than a sIRF Star or NEMERIX chip and keeps a lock on far fewer satellites (heard from between 2 and 8 never found official Nokia specs) as opposed to the 16 - 32 of the aforementioned industry-standard chips. I'm assuming they still use the same chips in the N95 as they do in a phone a mate purchased not long ago (6610 I think?) and the performance was that poor when heading out to Musswellbrook that we ended up just using the street directory for the end of the trip. Nokia's Smart2Go nav software is a loss in itself.

If you're serious about taking it overseas and don't want to crack the shits with it I'd still seriously recommend taking an external GPS unit (eg- Holux) and looking at alternative navigation software. Save battery on your phone (I'm assuming the GPS module can be turned off individually in some kind of device manager?) and get a better nav service that you aren't constantly paying for as you use it.