What in tarnation is nu-metal...

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
Seriously assholes! you who throw this term around, WHAT IS IT? and why do you incessantly say Nevermore is this? I know what Mallmetal is...its that noise that people pass off for music these days...you know Disturbed, Korn, etc...

Nu-metal generally refers to anything that MTV calls metal. People call Nevermore nu-metal because they are small-minded losers who wish to appear tr00 and underground, and do so by bashing bands who change their style or formula. In Nevermore's case, they utilized a seven-string guitar, thus making them nu-metal by the logic of said wankers.

Nu, is like....them hip hop things where they think they sound hip by hopping around and changing th english language. So, it's simplistic hard rock with hip hop kind of thrown in.
The nu metal in nevermore stems from slipknot. Listen to the song 'left behind', you'll hear this wierd guitar sound. It's the same sound in damn near every nevermore song made over the past 3 years. DSM will back me up on this.

anyone who calls nevermore nu metal has no ear for music and can probably me confirmed as musicaly retarded

Why get so upset about it??

At least the youth are listning to something other the Britney or whatever (guitar is back!!).All the bands like Slipknot are heavy at fuckin' least,,,,We should be happy that METAL is on the rise again be it this band or that band whatever.....DO YOU WANT ANOTHER WAVE OF BOY BANDS???
If I call Deicide a Ratt rip-off band will that tarnish the music??

Well then

Get over it Sybil

TheDreamingMind said:
how about not drawing any lines and loving all music as a whole?

just a suggestion
I bow to this thought.Catalogize all music???
As I've said a million times....If you like the song...well then its good

Troyanasy said:
DO YOU WANT ANOTHER WAVE OF BOY BANDS???

Yes. Yes I do.

The problem *I* have with nu metal, is that it itself is called 'metal'. Metal is very dear to me. I don't appreciate a bunch of little shitheads listening to 'heavy' music just to attract attention because they have 'problems' or self esteem issues. Ultimately I, in turn, am associated with these shitheads. Granted, I don't let opinions of me affect me. I still do not appreciate prejudice.

Fuck shitheads, fuck them in the ass.

retarded penguin said:
Yes. Yes I do.

The problem *I* have with nu metal, is that it itself is called 'metal'. Metal is very dear to me. I don't appreciate a bunch of little shitheads listening to 'heavy' music just to attract attention because they have 'problems' or self esteem issues. Ultimately I, in turn, am associated with these shitheads. Granted, I don't let opinions of me affect me. I still do not appreciate prejudice.

Fuck shitheads, fuck them in the ass.

:lol: a hell yeah to that

just when i was posting my rant,this shit hole closed down haha

Slayer are NU-Metal, they used 7 string guitars

Sabbath were new metal because Tony tuned down to C.....Canibal Corpse use 7 strings aswell

It all Nu-Metal

In the words of the Doobie Brothers---Listen to The Music

They maybe be Nu-Metal too.Better dead then red Joe McCarthy era @ the never board

I seen a kid with a Amon Amarth shirt at the Eaton Center (a shopping mall) now I view Amon as mall-core

Who made up the catagory "Nu- Metal"

In 1980 I heard a term NWOBHM

I was a little Motorhead punk kid,then heard Maiden,Saxon Tygers Diamond Head...that was heavy...then came V.E.N O. fucking M...Im glad that the Saxon fans didn't call Venom NU-METAL (they where)

how does that cliché go

Together We Stand

Divided we fall like Manowar *hehahe*

I dont harass 18 year old kids who listened to Spice Girls 4 years ago who now "reformed" into "Metal Heads" that would be the third hand of hypocrisy would it not??

Stay Clean