What is killling art down here!?

Rodent

Cheese destroyer
So... what do you think? I think the incresed use of synthetic sound makes a lot of trouble when someone is trying to find something real artistic... I just don't know how it was happened... but keyboards were often used in Kalmah music... but now they bother me... they are smothering music in here... It's true that there is music and melodies but it is not that! Keys can't be lead instrument!

So... what do you think? I think the incresed use of synthetic sound makes a lot of trouble when someone is trying to find something real artistic... I just don't know how it was happened... but keyboards were often used in Kalmah music... but now they bother me... they are smothering music in here... It's true that there is music and melodies but it is not that! Keys can't be lead instrument!
What?? Of course Keys could be the main instrument!! But i dont think keys are the "main instrument" in kalmah's compositions. I believe that Kalmah would not be the same if they didnt use keyboard. And i also believe that kalmah has never abused keys in any song. They have a great balance of instruments!

What?? Of course Keys could be the main instrument!! But i dont think keys are the "main instrument" in kalmah's compositions. I believe that Kalmah would not be the same if they didnt use keyboard. And i also believe that kalmah has never abused keys in any song. They have a great balance of instruments!

very much agreed

It can be main... I agree with that... but don't like. If you like keys as a main instrument go and listen to Maddona, Britney Spears or Europe...

In Kalmah it is still not main but I am afraid that it will become. And I think that new way of using keys killling artistic sound in Kalmah. Balance was great, brilliant, perfect, excelent,best ever maid before TBW... but with incresing volum of keys and giving more place to symphonic sound instead of real guitar sound balance were moved out from perfection to average...

That's my opinion.

It can be main... I agree with that... but don't like. If you like keys as a main instrument go and listen to Maddona, Britney Spears or Europe...

In Kalmah it is still not main but I am afraid that it will become. And I think that new way of using keys killling artistic sound in Kalmah. Balance was great, brilliant, perfect, excelent,best ever maid before TBW... but with incresing volum of keys and giving more place to symphonic sound instead of real guitar sound balance were moved out from perfection to average...

That's my opinion.
Listen to Madonna or britney spears?? haha, good one. There are many bands that the keys are very prominent, amazing and so respected such as Mirrorthrone, Bal-Sagoth, Turisas, Heavenly, The Elysian Fields, and many more. I LOVE keyboard in metal. That's why I love power metal. It is surrounded by symphonic, orchestral, majestic elements. You say that you dont want Kalmah to lean towards symphonic elements. Well that is what I want them to do. Its just MY opinion. At least you ARE NOT one of those that say that keyboard doesnt belong in metal!

Keys can't be lead instrument!

It can be main...

Not only are you repeating yourself, you're arguing your own points...

Also, to me it seems like you're talking as if Kalmah themselves didn't want to do this type of music, that they're being forced to do this or something. Well, suppose everybody is entitled to their own opinion... Mine is that Kalmah is and has always been awesome and every single album has been better than the previous so the direction of the music is very positive :kickass: